Group Steals 5 Million Credit Cards From Saks Fifth Avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Steals 5 Million Credit Cards From Saks Fifth Avenue
Considering the typical weight of a credit card, that would likely add up to well over 60,000 lbs (27,000 kg). They must have used a big truck, or maybe a boat to haul them off. It must have been an impressive heist, but it seems like it would have been easier for them to just record the numbers somehow.

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
I hope you are not serious. The systems at the shops were hacked due to which all digital information transferred between a card and the cash register was recorded by the hackers. Which essentially means that the important information such as credit card number, name, CVV etc. was siphoned off. The cards were not physically stolen. Quit playing GTA V too much!

"Considering the typical weight of a credit card, that would likely add up to well over 60,000 lbs (27,000 kg). They must have used a big truck, or maybe a boat to haul them off. It must have been an impressive heist, but it seems like it would have been easier for them to just record the numbers somehow."

^^I'm assuming he's being sarcastic (and I hope he is too).

Anyway, one would have thought that these retail stores would have learned from the Target hacking disaster. Nope. As one who spent 10 years in the IT industry, corporation budgets list IT infrastructure at the bottom of priorities. Keep the doors wide open to save money for the bottom line and keep the stock holders happy. It's just insane stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.