Question Growing number of keyboard keys becoming unresponsive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2019
I have a OriginPC EON17-X Laptop that is just over 3 years old. Over the last few months I've had a worsening problem with a few keyboard keys taking multiple presses or holding down before they will register. At first it was only the D key, but over the last few months it has grown to include A, S, and W. They aren't fully dead, but enough that typing is extremely frustrating. The odd part is that the degree to which they are unresponsive seems to change occasionally. Currently, W responds the least, but sometimes it'll improve (but not go away) and another one, say A, will become worse. (Edit: Forgot to mention; rarely the problem keys actually fire twice, but this is much less common than just not working, I'd say maybe 1/20 times)

I have of course tried cleaning under the keycaps using compressed air, and fully removing the keycaps and getting under the hinges. But despite repeated attempts this has not had any noticeable effect.

I contacted the maker and the best they could do was provide me the location of a third party retailer that sells the keyboard as a part and provide instructions on how to dismantle, but before I go ahead and bite the bullet I wanted to ask if there's anything else I can do that could maybe fix it? I've never had a problem with laptop keyboards before so I'm a bit of a novice here. Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.