Grphics card not being detected

DC_KIRA

Honorable
May 14, 2012
I'm having an issue with my PC not detecting the graphics card I've tried installing the drivers, disabling onboard graphics and enabling the pciEX through bios but the system still cant detect it and everything seems to be hooked up correctly. Its an ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II and the motherboard is a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4.
any help would be much appreciated

DC_KIRA

Honorable
May 14, 2012
The cards power is connected properly the right cable is connected to the PSU lights on the card come on and the fans spin its seated all the way into the slot.
Ive tried connecting the monitor to the card but I cant get signal and I cant try it in a different PC.

Will the monitor detect the connection automaticly or do you have to select the input type? Are you using DVI or HDMI and is the cable ok and not defective , do you have another cable to try to verify. Are you sure that the slot on the motherboard is not defective , is this an upgrade and have you had a video card in the slot before?

When you said that you had this computer built for you and then sent to you what exactly are the circunstances as far as warranty goes? Will you be able to return the motherboard for a RMA? Is it a company that builds computers that built it for you?
If the new video card that you just bought does not work then you will need to RMA the motherboard or if it's a company that builds computers then they will have to take the whole thing back and fix it which might be the best idea in case it's something else that is the problem.

TRENDING THREADS