[SOLVED] Gskill 3000mhz cant run above 2133mhz

Mar 30, 2020
My motherboards is Asrock X370 Gaming K4 with Ryzen 5 2600 cpu. RAM is GSkill Aegis F4-3000C16-8GISB. Its 2x8gb kit.
Dont know exact when the problem appeared but i noticed yesterday because installed NVME ssd and went to the bios. I am sure before i was able to set this setup to run at 2933mhz and also saved my best settings at bios. Now i loaded them but without succes. Tried XMP profile, tried manual, Voltages up to 1.45 with loosen timings also but nothing help. When i save settings in bios and PC resets it has couple of restarts until i get to the POST and then its running on 2133mhz. Next problem is in Windows. It saw 16GB installed (7.93gb usable). Tried in msconfig->boot but there is no limitation from os.

Tried memory sticks one by one in every single slot and they work perfectly fine separetly and start on 2933 without any problems. Both of them, in every slot. When i put them together cant ran past 2133, no matter what compination of slots im using. Tried last 5 bios firmwares, and there is no difference.

Solution
I decided to reinstall the processor and now its working on all slots. Just removed the CPU, and installed it again, changed thermal compound and when i started the PC everything was fine. Tried different slots and everywhere they working now. Problem is Solved
My motherboards is Asrock X370 Gaming K4 with Ryzen 5 2600 cpu. RAM is GSkill Aegis F4-3000C16-8GISB. Its 2x8gb kit.
Dont know exact when the problem appeared but i noticed yesterday because installed NVME ssd and went to the bios. I am sure before i was able to set this setup to run at 2933mhz and also saved my best settings at bios. Now i loaded them but without succes. Tried XMP profile, tried manual, Voltages up to 1.45 with loosen timings also but nothing help. When i save settings in bios and PC resets it has couple of restarts until i get to the POST and then its running on 2133mhz. Next problem is in Windows. It saw 16GB installed (7.93gb usable). Tried in msconfig->boot but there is no limitation from os.

Tried memory sticks one by one in every single slot and they work perfectly fine separetly and start on 2933 without any problems. Both of them, in every slot. When i put them together cant ran past 2133, no matter what compination of slots im using. Tried last 5 bios firmwares, and there is no difference.
Slots A2 and B2 ?

Mar 30, 2020
Yes. When i ran them both without problem they were in A2 and B2 slots and worked fine. Now i tried every combination and nothing works. They can get past 2133 only if they are not together. One by one no problem. Dont know where is the problem but i know exact same setup ran before without problems

Mar 30, 2020
I decided to reinstall the processor and now its working on all slots. Just removed the CPU, and installed it again, changed thermal compound and when i started the PC everything was fine. Tried different slots and everywhere they working now. Problem is Solved

Solution