Question Gskill branded ram chips?

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
I have 4 ram sticks from gskill. 2x8 and 2x4. Its gskill value ddr4 2400. The 2 8gb sticks came in a kit and the 2 4gb sticks were bought separately. I was looking at the ram sticks and noticed that 3 of the 4 sticks have S on the chips which I'm assuming is Samsung, but one of the 4gb sticks has gskill printed on the chips. This seems kind of weird to me.

https://ibb.co/vZWp4p2
-photo

Lutfij

Titan
DO NOT mix and match sticks of ram, either buy the same stick times 4 or work with a dual channel ram kit. The S is not for Samsung, I forgot the brand but it's not Samsung...maybe Sandisk or Sandforce.

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
DO NOT mix and match sticks of ram, either buy the same stick times 4 or work with a dual channel ram kit. The S is not for Samsung, I forgot the brand but it's not Samsung...maybe Sandisk or Sandforce.
I know that mixing ram is a bad idea and all that but this was my first computer and I did it anyway and I guess I got lucky because it ran fine for 1-2 years. I tried to overclock the ram about a month ago and now it wont post. I replaced the motherboard and still no post. Im going to send the ram to gskill tomorrow and my cpu to intel. I dont understand what's causing this but I'm going to blame it on some form of hardware failure.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS