GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR Unstable

CBaldwin

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
I have recently built a budget computer for a friend.
Specs:
MB - ASROCK 970 eXtreme 3
CPU - AMD FX 6200 3.8 ghz
RAM - GSKILL F3 - 14900CL9d - 8GBSR (4x2 @ 1866)
Timing - 9-10-9-28 1.5v
The Specs above ran perfectly for a week until I purchased another exact set of ram to add on.

The ram will run all four sticks, after pulling them out and adding them one by one.
After the 4th stick is in and the computer boots up it notices all 16GB at 1600 mhz. I set the timing to the 1866 specs and it will not boot up. The computer turns on all fans and drives boot but no display. Then I have to repeat the process of putting them in one by one. I kept it at 1600 and the computer restarted fine a few times acted normal. Then it crashes and doesn't boot again.
Is there anything I can do to get all four sticks at least stable if not all running at 1866?

Sometimes it's a matter of making small adjustments, when all the slots are used it may be necessary to increase the voltage a bit. Also you may find it necessary to increase the BCLK a notch or two, one or both of these may be necessary to get the ram to run at 1866mhz.

CBaldwin

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

I tried the above method and the ram nor cpu seem to like the adjustments. Even when I only increase them by one point.
I can seem to get 3 of them to run stable but only at 1600.

The memory controller on the CPU is set to accept ram to run at a certain speed and when you want to run higher speed ram there needs to be an overclock. The most common would be the CPU, recently I came across another option and that was to increase the North Bridge voltage by .05v.

TRENDING THREADS