Gskill ripjaw help

Jun 13, 2018
Hi I have a Asus x470 prime pro mobo , Ryzen 7 2700x and gskill ripjaws v series DDR4 2800 8gb x2 memory for my build. I’ve checked everything and the PC won’t boot. Just runs. Curious if this is a memory issue or sumtin else. No debug beeps or sounds. But no video. I’ve tried 1 stick in the A2 slot and nothing. I do know that the memory is not on Asus’s QVL List for compatibility. The CPU is a day old and the mobo. I also know that the QVL isn’t always right. I’ve tried outside the case and in the case. No results. So is the ram module really not compatible? Cuz I will buy better ram. What’s ur guess on this ?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It's possible.

While DIMMs not on the QVL can usually "run" (although frequency at JEDEC base speeds)... with Ryzen chips/boards, they can be more picky.

If you don't have a speaker attached, you won't get any sounds etc.... The Prime X470 doesn't have any debug LEDs either, unfortunately.

What GPU and PSU do you have? I assume you're not trying to get display "out" from the X470 itself, as the 2700X has no iGPU.

Jun 13, 2018

Corsair RM750x PSU and Asus GTX dual 1060 6gb