Gskill Ripjaws 8gb Ddr3 1600 Sodimm vs Corsair Ddr4 Sodimm 8gb 2133mhz

tincho

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hello there... Maybe someone can help me... i work with image and video editing, and my laptop Lenovo Y500, RAM 8gb, ssd 120GB, 1T, is a little bit slow working latetely...so i wold like to upgrade my RAM....i think both RAM are good, as far as i know Gskill and Corsair are good..but im not sure wich one is better in my situation.... Gskill has CL11 vs CL 15 Corsair...but Corsair is 2133 and DDR4... Both are at the same price, i have no more budget...if you know other RAM with good price and better than these one, i aprecciate your help...
Thanks..and Cheers

Solution
1. Those 2 types of ram are different standard's one is ddr4 (the neweer standard) and the other is DDR3(older standard).
2. For video editing more Ram and faster Ram better as it gives faster rendering times.
3. Now if your laptop had ddr3 memory inside of it then you can only put ddr3 memory as you cannot fit ddr4 memory in a ddr3 slot and the same can be said vice-versa.
So, if the motherboard of your laptop came with a ddr3 stich then go with the g.skill memory and if your motherboard came with a ddr4 stick than go with the corsair.

Get_Out

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
1. Those 2 types of ram are different standard's one is ddr4 (the neweer standard) and the other is DDR3(older standard).
2. For video editing more Ram and faster Ram better as it gives faster rendering times.
3. Now if your laptop had ddr3 memory inside of it then you can only put ddr3 memory as you cannot fit ddr4 memory in a ddr3 slot and the same can be said vice-versa.
So, if the motherboard of your laptop came with a ddr3 stich then go with the g.skill memory and if your motherboard came with a ddr4 stick than go with the corsair.

Solution

tincho

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

tincho

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Thanks for your answer... i thoght my laptop only works with ddr3 slot, actually in kingston´s web site says that only have ddr3 for my laptop...but i asked around and they told me i could use ddr4, but im not sure ... i think g.skill is a good one anyway...Thanks for your time

TRENDING THREADS