GSkill Unleashes Fastest 32GB DDR3 Memory Kit at 2800MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Click on picture, it goes to another page. Click on picture again, it opens a new window. The pictures doesn't get any bigger at all.

Really?

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I'd really like to see a high end Haswell chipset(Z77 equivalent) offering DDR4. DDR3 might break 3000MHz, but I don't see it going much past that.

KAIJER

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
wow.. 2800mhz ? now we can suggest it to some people on our community who has *REALLY* no budget limit for upgrading his/her computer :-|

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
the voltage is probably through the roof and those timings are loose as hell. what application would need this anyway? ddr 3 1600 should be more then enough, even for overclocked processors.

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]nieur[/nom]I think they will be more beneficial on AMD platform with APU[/citation]
Trinity IGP seems to be tapped out at 2133MT/s so you will probably need to wait for the next-gen APUs for that.

[citation][nom]tului[/nom]I'd really like to see a high end Haswell chipset(Z77 equivalent) offering DDR4. DDR3 might break 3000MHz, but I don't see it going much past that.[/citation]
Haswell's memory controller is integrated in the CPU (just like i3/i5/i7 and their Celeron/Pentium counterparts) and only support DDR3. Whatever chipset the motherboard uses makes no difference.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]Click on picture, it goes to another page. Click on picture again, it opens a new window. The pictures doesn't get any bigger at all.Really?[/citation]

Worst way to view pictures I have ever seen on the internet. Developers of this system should be beaten and the QC that allowed this to make production should be beaten even more.

Toms please fix this as it is the single biggest problem on your website. It should be relatively simple to make clicking a picture open some kind of popup of the enlarged version, jquery has tons of options to display things like this without doing popups or even new windows.

G

[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Worst way to view pictures I have ever seen on the internet. Developers of this system should be beaten and the QC that allowed this to make production should be beaten even more.Toms please fix this as it is the single biggest problem on your website. It should be relatively simple to make clicking a picture open some kind of popup of the enlarged version, jquery has tons of options to display things like this without doing popups or even new windows.[/citation]
It's the 2nd biggest problem, 1st one being Zak Islam.

Such memory's usefulness is limited to only a handful of workloads (most of which are professional and/or only used to small amounts by most consumers) AFAIK. This isn't the sort of memory many of us would be able to make good use of ;)

I bet three internet cookies that voltage is 1.65V.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]InvalidError[/nom]Trinity IGP seems to be tapped out at 2133MT/s so you will probably need to wait for the next-gen APUs for that.[/citation]

OC the GPU, then come back.

I OC'ed my laptop's mobile 5730's memory, and I can bump up resolution, Anisotropic filtering or Anti-aliasing by one level with little hit to the FPS.

aragis

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Anything over 1866 or even 1600 mhz is just for bragging rights. You'd be lucky to get even a %1 improvement in any application.

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]aragis[/nom]Anything over 1866 or even 1600 mhz is just for bragging rights. You'd be lucky to get even a %1 improvement in any application.[/citation]
http://thessdreview.com/our-reviews/romex-fancycache-review-ssd-performance-at-13gbs-and-765000-iops-in-60-seconds-flat/3/

How does that crow taste?

[citation][nom]aragis[/nom]Anything over 1866 or even 1600 mhz is just for bragging rights. You'd be lucky to get even a %1 improvement in any application.[/citation]

There are many applications where increasing memory performance beyond DDR3-1866 with decent timings offers huge performance improvements. Please don't apply your ignorant over-generalizations of other workloads on the industry as a whole. For example, some things such as many AVX accelerated workloads improve performance almost linearly with linearly increased memory bandwidth. Compression/decompression, rendering, some folding, and more also benefit greatly from improved memory performance. Granted, most of these aren't workloads that the average person does a ton of, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. A lot of people rely on them for varying reasons and even some jobs are based on them.

[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]I thought 1600 mhz is the minimum you want for DDR3.DDR-400 mhzDDR2-800 mhzDDR3-1600 mhzDDR4-3200 mhz[/citation]

IDK where you got that sort of idea. For example, the average consumer won't have issues with even DDR3-1066 and DDR3-1333. Heck, gamers rarely have issues having DDR3-1333 instead of DDR3-1600 or better.

Things aren't remotely as simple as double the effective transfer rate every generation to get what memory you should have.

aragis

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]There are many applications where increasing memory performance beyond DDR3-1866 with decent timings offers huge performance improvements. Please don't apply your ignorant over-generalizations of other workloads on the industry as a whole. For example, some things such as many AVX accelerated workloads improve performance almost linearly with linearly increased memory bandwidth. Compression/decompression, rendering, some folding, and more also benefit greatly from improved memory performance. Granted, most of these aren't workloads that the average person does a ton of, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. A lot of people rely on them for varying reasons and even some jobs are based on them.[/citation]

I admit that I've been ignorant. I've seen many gaming benchmarks made with different frequencies of RAM and there was very little difference. In gaming, GPU or CPU usually bottlenecks the performance before the RAM does so I assumed it would be somewhat similar in most applications, which is a very false assumption. My bad.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
...wake me up when Windows learns how to actually support 1600+MHz memory without getting glitches/bugs/errors. :\
Until then, I'll stay on my GOD-LIKE 1333MHz, than you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.