gsm and laptop

hello all im new on here my question is how do i link my se 616 to my
laptop i want to use bt I just installed it on my inspiron 8500 Im
getting on line right now with a 6340i that i use to dial my aol
account but it is slow about 9.6 I hear people getting on the gprs
internet at alot faster speeds i think I have everything i need the
se616 and unlimited data plan 19.99 I relise there are some issues
with that some people think that plan is only for surfing on the phone
and not to be tethered to a lap top. but any way can somebody tell me
the real deal I would rather not buy cingular data connect software .I
need step by step instructions on how to set it up thanks george

"tow boat man" <pierson@centurytel.net> wrote in message
| hello all im new on here my question is how do i link my se 616 to my
| laptop i want to use bt I just installed it on my inspiron 8500 Im
| getting on line right now with a 6340i that i use to dial my aol
| account but it is slow about 9.6 I hear people getting on the gprs
| internet at alot faster speeds i think I have everything i need the
| se616 and unlimited data plan 19.99 I relise there are some issues
| with that some people think that plan is only for surfing on the phone
| and not to be tethered to a lap top. but any way can somebody tell me
| the real deal I would rather not buy cingular data connect software .I
| need step by step instructions on how to set it up thanks george

Run the "dial up networkig wizard" that is including in the software that
comes with the phone. It is called dial up, but it also has a provision in
there for using GPRS instead of CSD. Very simple to setup using the included
software.

"Jason Cothran" <NOshjSPAM@charter.net> wrote in message news:<vkGhc.71088$oj6.4989@bignews6.bellsouth.net>...
> "tow boat man" <pierson@centurytel.net> wrote in message
> | hello all im new on here my question is how do i link my se 616 to my
> | laptop i want to use bt I just installed it on my inspiron 8500 Im
> | getting on line right now with a 6340i that i use to dial my aol
> | account but it is slow about 9.6 I hear people getting on the gprs
> | internet at alot faster speeds i think I have everything i need the
> | se616 and unlimited data plan 19.99 I relise there are some issues
> | with that some people think that plan is only for surfing on the phone
> | and not to be tethered to a lap top. but any way can somebody tell me
> | the real deal I would rather not buy cingular data connect software .I
> | need step by step instructions on how to set it up thanks george
>
> Run the "dial up networkig wizard" that is including in the software that
> comes with the phone. It is called dial up, but it also has a provision in
> there for using GPRS instead of CSD. Very simple to setup using the included
> software.
will this work with blue tooth

| > Run the "dial up networkig wizard" that is including in the software
that
| > comes with the phone. It is called dial up, but it also has a provision
in
| > there for using GPRS instead of CSD. Very simple to setup using the
included
| > software.
|

| will this work with blue tooth

Yes, bluetooth is all I use to connect. You must first make sure the phone
is recognized by the "Phone Monitor" provided with the phone.

"Jason Cothran" <NOshjSPAM@charter.net> wrote in message news:<09Xhc.71551$UC4.35020@bignews2.bellsouth.net>...
> "tow boat man" <pierson@centurytel.net> wrote in message
> | >
> | > Run the "dial up networkig wizard" that is including in the software
> that
> | > comes with the phone. It is called dial up, but it also has a provision
> in
> | > there for using GPRS instead of CSD. Very simple to setup using the
> included
> | > software.
> |

> | will this work with blue tooth
>

> Yes, bluetooth is all I use to connect. You must first make sure the phone
> is recognized by the "Phone Monitor" provided with the phone.
Im still having a lot of trouble I think i need the cingular data
connect soft ware I couldent get the t616 soft ware to work what user
name and pass word would i use also icant get the phone to connect
when i dial up my aol like on my 6340i csd connection either i do
thanks for all the help is there any way to talk to you on the phone
you might be able to walk me through it 8704045768 is my number thanks
george