Gsync an overkill

numicancu

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
I have i7-6800k with 16Gb ram and Gtx1070!!! Wana play games maxed out!! Should i buy 1080p 144hz monitor without Gsync or not???
I have a good Gpu and 144hz monitor !!! Will Gsync monitor be an overkill

Solution
Yes, you'll be perfectly fine. you can always turn down a few settings if you're hitting an undesirable frame rate, but that's what G-Sync is for! :)
It makes frame rates which may appear very juttery normally buttery smooth, and improves your experience by a mile.
30-70fps is the target area for G-Sync to operate, meaning it is meant to allow you to turn up settings to higher quality while still achieving a great gaming experience.
You have nothing to worry about, it gives you a better experience and also futureproofs you.
The monitor is a great deal, and is the best choice for your use in my opinion.

Woohoopy

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
I have Gsync, I think it's a nice touch.

But yeah objectively speaking it is overkill - sort of. You might potentially get tearing here and there but it would be unusual. Thing is, with a 144hz monitor, gsync makes more sense than with a 60hz monitor, since your frames may be in the 120 fps and unable to reach the monitor's refresh rate.

If the monitor you like happens to come with Gsync, go ahead and get it, but don't go out of your way for Gsync. I personally use it when I'm hitting 50fps and my monitor outputs 144hz.

If you want to play casual games, go for a 1440p Gsync monitor instead, but if you're playing eSports like CS:GO, get yourself the 1080p 144hz.

Source: Own a 144hz 1080p Gsync monitor.

Not worth buying a 1080p 144hz monitor with a 1070.
Go for a 1440p 144hz monitor with G-Sync like the Dell S2716DG, as it will allow you to go SLI 1070s without your monitor holding you back, and will give you more real estate to work with along with better image quality due to the higher resolution.
Goes for a great price at $522 on Amazon right now: https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Gaming-S2716DG-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B0149QBOF0?ie=UTF8&tag=pcpapi-20

G-Sync is not worth it on a 1080p monitor in your case, as you will rarely be achieving frame rates that require G-Sync at 1080p with a 1070.
It really only comes into effect if you're running at either higher resolutions like 1440p, or have a graphics card like the 970.

numicancu

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
Then should i buy a 1440p 144hz Gsync monitor for my Gtx1070???? I dont wana hit below 60fps for modern games like black ops 3 or gta 5!! With max settings

Yes, you'll be perfectly fine. you can always turn down a few settings if you're hitting an undesirable frame rate, but that's what G-Sync is for! :)
It makes frame rates which may appear very juttery normally buttery smooth, and improves your experience by a mile.
30-70fps is the target area for G-Sync to operate, meaning it is meant to allow you to turn up settings to higher quality while still achieving a great gaming experience.
You have nothing to worry about, it gives you a better experience and also futureproofs you.
The monitor is a great deal, and is the best choice for your use in my opinion.

Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from numicancu : "Monitor for Gtx 1070"

MERGED QUESTION
Question from numicancu : "Gsync an overkill for Gtx1070"

Yes I think.