[SOLVED] Gsync monitor help

elkido122

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014
Looking for a 27 inch 1440p gsync monitor that isn't 600 or more. I see lots of gsync compatible but everyone says to stay away from gsync compatible. Any help appreciated

Solution
I got an AOC 2K 27" curved that is G Sync compatible and it's been wonderful. There is an official support list for them (somewhere) and I highly suggest you shop while referencing it.

I have another 24" 1080P Acer model that isn't on the list, is officially FreeSync, but I can force G Sync through the Nvidia CP. It works "mostly" well and would suspect the bad feedback being seen is related to that aspect.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I got an AOC 2K 27" curved that is G Sync compatible and it's been wonderful. There is an official support list for them (somewhere) and I highly suggest you shop while referencing it.

I have another 24" 1080P Acer model that isn't on the list, is officially FreeSync, but I can force G Sync through the Nvidia CP. It works "mostly" well and would suspect the bad feedback being seen is related to that aspect.

Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
So long as its compatible, on the list , should be just fine with gsync then correct ? It's hard to find a reasonably priced legit gsync moduled monitor . Most are gsync compatible like I was saying .

You aren't kidding. That G Sync module has a hefty price tag on it.

Far from being an expert in this but to say that I shopped with the official list in mind and was blown away at how well it works. I get no tearing, no weird stutter, nothing. The one that isn't officially supported that I mentioned does all that from time to time.