xerxesaria

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
Hi. I have an Asus RTX 2070 and the software Nvidia GEForce Experience installed on my PC. I have a G-sync monitor and have enabled G-sync in the Nvidia Control Panel. I believe it is recommended to turn off anti aliasing when using a G-sync monitor. But, in the Nvidia GEforce Experience dashboard, I see that it has been recommended to turn on anti aliasing to optimize the game play. So, should I turn anti aliasing on or off?

Solution
Want a recommendation? Uninstall Geforce Experience and never install that again. The only good thing from that software is ShadowPlay.

If you want to update your driver you do it manually by downloading the drivers on Nvidia's website.

Geforce Experience optimization is an horrible thing. Starting my games in 4K with options turned off for nothing or maxed. Just change the graphics options in-game instead. It's the same thing instead of letting Geforce Experience decide for you and screw up in the process.

Not only the optimization is garbage but the updating drivers feature can give you issues and not even update your drivers properly. I saw people that couldn't start a game because of Geforce Experience.

Unless you use the...

xerxesaria

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
Hi. I have an Asus RTX 2070 and the software Nvidia GEForce Experience installed on my PC. I have a G-sync monitor and have enabled G-sync in the Nvidia Control Panel. I believe it is recommended to turn off anti aliasing when using a G-sync monitor. But, in the Nvidia GEforce Experience dashboard, I see that it has been recommended to turn on anti aliasing to optimize the game play. So, should I turn anti aliasing on or off?
I wasn't sure which forum to post this at.
Thank you.

xerxesaria

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
I think this is the correct forum to post this question.
Thank you.

Want a recommendation? Uninstall Geforce Experience and never install that again. The only good thing from that software is ShadowPlay.

If you want to update your driver you do it manually by downloading the drivers on Nvidia's website.

Geforce Experience optimization is an horrible thing. Starting my games in 4K with options turned off for nothing or maxed. Just change the graphics options in-game instead. It's the same thing instead of letting Geforce Experience decide for you and screw up in the process.

Not only the optimization is garbage but the updating drivers feature can give you issues and not even update your drivers properly. I saw people that couldn't start a game because of Geforce Experience.

Unless you use the recording function ShadowPlay just uninstall it.

Solution
G-sync has to do with avoiding screen tearing.

Anti-aliasing is concerned with trying to reduce the amount of visible pixilation due to lower resolution.

They have nothing to do with each other, do not directly affect each other, and there is no reason why using or not using one should affect whether you use or don't use the other.

I use GeForce Experience to easily check for and install updated drivers, nothing else. If I want to mess with a games settings, I do it through the in-game menu.