GT 1030 LP vs OC

labibhasan731

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
I am a Budget Gamer. I am gonna buy a GT 1030 soon. But many confusions arise in my mind.

Now, the confusion is, I was about to buy a Low Profile Gigabyte GT 1030. But then I thought, Is OC better? Because OC edition has better base MHz than LP. Again, is LP too small for my case or OC too big for my normal case? My case is:
VT-163.png

I think my case doesn't have any problem, na?

But, is OC actually better because it has more MHz?
Or, it draws more power? Should I buy OC or LP? Is LP required for my PC or OC is just better? I really need an answer rn.

Solution
The pictured case is a standard width and can accommodate normal height graphics cards as well as low profile cards.

If your objective is gaming, realize that GT1030 is a minimal capability card.
For gaming, try to buy a stronger card.

What are the rest of your parts?

Cards like GT1030 up to the GTX1050ti can run on pcie slot power only(75w) so a minimal 300w psu is ok.

WildCard999

Titan
Either is fine and you won't see a performance difference between them, get the cheaper one and as far as size I would think either would fit into that case. I ended up getting the passive cooled EVGA 1030 for my dad's system (x4 850/8gb RAM) and it works great for gaming @900P/60hz.

@Mark RM, agreed, the RX 550 is the better card but the OP will want to make sure the PSU is enough for it. This was the card I was originally going to get for my dad's system but a cheap 300W HP PSU turned me away.

The pictured case is a standard width and can accommodate normal height graphics cards as well as low profile cards.

If your objective is gaming, realize that GT1030 is a minimal capability card.
For gaming, try to buy a stronger card.

What are the rest of your parts?

Cards like GT1030 up to the GTX1050ti can run on pcie slot power only(75w) so a minimal 300w psu is ok.

Solution

labibhasan731

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

I do know that, but RX 550 is too much for my dad to buy. He will get angry and give me nothing, so I am not thinking about that. By the way, There's much difference between GT 1030 and RX550 in our country.

Thanks for the information tho'!

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Proponent for the OC version, passive cooled.
If you can get your hands on one, they can get overclocked quite nice!
Especially when given sufficient cooling.
There are 2 ways of cooling this card.
One is to mount a fan on it. They're pretty cheap.
Second is to cause a cool airflow to pass by the graphics card. You can do that by having a case fan suck air out of the case, and the new incoming air, passes by the 1030.
Either one will provide more than sufficient cooling for overclocking this card!