[SOLVED] GT 1030 not working in Dell Optiplex 890

nicknico2

Honorable
Nov 17, 2017
I was having too many problems with my gaming PC, so I bought a corporate PC with what I knew was the minimum decent for pimp. Which was an i5-2400.

I currently have it with the following configuration:

• Intel Core i5-2400.
  • 4x4GB DDR3 1333Mhz on DC.
  • 2TB Toshiba P300 7200RPM.

The following happens:

When I insert the card at the beginning (before installing the drivers) it works without problems (although in the second attempt the image was blurry).

But right at the part when you install the driver and you have to refresh the screen, it just goes black and doesn't get a picture again.

I suppose the same thing is happening to me as in this case:

Since I also have the factory supply that gives like 240 Watts, the problem is that I do not know if I can replace it since these corporate equipment sources have custom cables.

But I wanted to confirm that it was this, since in the other case they were talking about a GTX 1050 and clearly it is much more powerful and requires more energy.

This is a simple GT 1030 MSI with a small fan and I thought it would work in any coffee maker.

Thanks for who can help.

Solution
Well I don't know whether you will be able to get it to work as you want. I did find this discussion about power delivery to the PCIe expansion slots, not sure whether it applies to you though, discussion here

Another thing you might want to try installing a beefier power supply ... you can get 400W SFF power supplies that apparently fit into those ... 400W SFF power supply

{GoofyOne's 2c worth ... which may or may not be actually worth 2c}

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
Well I don't know whether you will be able to get it to work as you want. I did find this discussion about power delivery to the PCIe expansion slots, not sure whether it applies to you though, discussion here

Another thing you might want to try installing a beefier power supply ... you can get 400W SFF power supplies that apparently fit into those ... 400W SFF power supply

{GoofyOne's 2c worth ... which may or may not be actually worth 2c}

Solution

TRENDING THREADS