GT 1030 or GTX1050Ti

Ivanovichh

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
Hello guys, I have AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition Processor ,
Can this processor run GT 1030 or GTX1050ti?

The phenom will bottleneck the 1050 ti pretty good.
The other issue you may run into is that your old AM3 board may not support the EFI boot requirement of a modern generation graphics card.
Look into if your board supports them first.

If your board does have BIOS update to support them then I would get the 1030 unless you plan on upgrading cpu/board in the next year or two. Getting a 1050 ti with current setup is just a waste of money because it will never utilize it to its fullest.

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

400W is pushing it too close. I wouldn't recommend it. Average computers use ~350W and it's recommended to have 50W as headroom.
Again as stated you will need to see if a bios update is available and your cpu will most definitely bottleneck the GPU. Meaning you won't get max performance because your GPU will be waiting on the CPU for input.

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

You can try it but again it's pushing too close. Worst case scenario your PC won't power up or all leds will be going dark/dim/bright. Best case scenario it will work. Again I wouldn't recommend it

If it was a quality 400w unit there is no issue what so ever.
Plenty have ran 1050ti's off of 400w.

The problem is that your fortron unit is a low quality unit that likely is not going to be able to safely output that much wattage. And when those low end PSUs are pushed that hard they tend to die and take out (fry) components with them.

I am talking about a motherboard bios not GPU.
The 260 is like 7 years old, technology has changed a little since then, everything has moved to UEFI bios and thus if your board doesnt have a bios update to support that then you will be stuck with a 9xx or 7xx series GPU.

If that is your board then no there is no UEFI bios update to allow it to work with a modern GPU.
9xx serries will be hit and miss, so your only guaranteed bet is a 750ti or find a used 760 or 770 (all of which require a better PSU then what you have).

I don't think a 730 will be any upgrade over a 260.

Ivanovichh

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017

So my only chance is 750ti? And yea i have AMD phenom on this motherboard.

Ivanovichh

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017

Well i was searching for 750ti and i saw that she supports 400W psu
WAAAIT im so sorry my motherboard is http://ca.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-M57SLI-S4-rev-10#ov
sorry for my mistake ..