[SOLVED] GT 1030 Passive Cooled

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hi, i need a little help and advise please

I have a GT 1030 Passive cooled and it games decent on lower settings but im afraid since its passive cooled,
It might heat up and bottleneck or even overheat if i'm not mistaken

My question is can i game on it ,it being passive cooled and is prolonged gaming safe for it ?

And i heard you can zip tie a fan but wont the zip tie heat up and melt being tied to the fan and heat sink or is there any other solution to it or i'm just being paranoid and its safe to game on it
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge and big thanks for any and all advise

Solution
This isn't something you want to hear, but the 1030 isn't really a gaming card. At least not a 1080 with max details kind of card.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gt-1030-2gb,5110-4.html

Here is our review of the card. At 720 and medium it can get close to 60FPS, while 1080 you have to drop to low settings. And in both cases it fails to hit 60FPS. I mention this not to be a jerk or make you feel bad. I mention it because this is a small, and importantly, cool chip. If you have a passive model then it's designed to not need a fan on it. Do your best to have air flow on your card, but all things considered it will run just fine.

4745454b

Titan
This isn't something you want to hear, but the 1030 isn't really a gaming card. At least not a 1080 with max details kind of card.

Here is our review of the card. At 720 and medium it can get close to 60FPS, while 1080 you have to drop to low settings. And in both cases it fails to hit 60FPS. I mention this not to be a jerk or make you feel bad. I mention it because this is a small, and importantly, cool chip. If you have a passive model then it's designed to not need a fan on it. Do your best to have air flow on your card, but all things considered it will run just fine.

Solution

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015

Hey ,thanks for the very detailed response,
i do understand its not for gaming but for the time being its all i have until the lock down here due to the pandemic opens up then i can go get a new GPU which for my budget is right now GTX 1650 or something a bit on the upper from that

Though i was just worried since passive cooled ones dont have a fan and gaming on it might damage it but thanks for clearing up since music and gaming is what i'm doing during these hard pandemic times

Really appreciate your help