Gt 1030 won't work

mekalouistuma

Honorable
Jun 3, 2018
My gt 1030 won't work I have it plugged into a adapter but I know that works and I tryed to have all the drivers but the last one won't go on because it says I need the gpu to be there but if I put that in it tells me to plug it into the gpu and then when I do that there is no signal

Solution
As I mentioned previously, companies like Dell do use non-standard sizes for components. I don't know enough about your particular PC to make any judgement on whether something will or will not fit.

Dell's site is usually horrible for non-owners. Just copy and paste the email address.
A bit difficult to parse so I assume the GT 1030 and adapter isn't working as expected. Drivers won't install because the PC doesn't see the graphics card? And you tried to install the drivers without the graphics card installed?

The obvious thing would be to install the graphics card directly into the PCIe slot rather than using the adapter and see if can be recognised. System specs may help shed some light (and allow further troubleshooting suggestions).

mekalouistuma

Honorable
Jun 3, 2018

hello I figured it out but thanks for the help any way the problem is that the PSU doesn't have enough wattage do you know of a 500-watt PSU that fits in a Dell Optiplex 390 also do you know the size of the http://www.microcenter.com/product/457414/500_Watt_80_Plus_ATX_Power_Supply?storeID=151&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpcLZBRCnARIsAMPBgF3yuDUihwxF6ESD0V6i9k1gtTDH5J-RNFbvjgmG8hsJHQu7vgfuj9saAr1kEALw_wcB

it doesn't say

That EVGA PSU seems like a standard ATX size. This shows up using the info from Microcenter: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-W1-0500-KR

I would check your Optiplex case size as that model seems to show three different sizes. And I am aware that Dell can also use non-standard fittings for components. Double check whether others with your model have upgraded to a standard PSU to be on the safe side.

Sounds like a Dell proprietary size. I am aware Dell do sell PSUs from their website though whether they have higher output models available I don't know. (Difficult to navigate unless the user owns a Dell.)

As it is it doesn't sound like you can fit a standard ATX PSU like the EVGA you linked, unless the size and mounting of the case suggests otherwise. I also have doubts about SFX PSUs as well.

mekalouistuma

Honorable
Jun 3, 2018
it is the desktop configuration and I can't find anything on the dell site I am trying to contact dell but the link to email them is not a link its just underlined blue text that you can't click and what do you mean by dell proprietary size like the normal dell size if so does that mean I could use any dell psu that is there propietary size

mekalouistuma

Honorable
Jun 3, 2018
it is the desktop configuration and I can't find anything on the dell site I am trying to contact dell but the link to email them is not a link its just underlined blue text that you can't click and what do you mean by dell proprietary size like the normal dell size if so does that mean I could use any dell psu that is there propietary size

As I mentioned previously, companies like Dell do use non-standard sizes for components. I don't know enough about your particular PC to make any judgement on whether something will or will not fit.

Dell's site is usually horrible for non-owners. Just copy and paste the email address.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS