GT 220 & World of Warcraft

UuhhTwo

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
Oii Peeps,

So ive been playing World of Warcraft for about 5 years now, i have never managed to pull myself together and buy a prober PC, but ive finally had enough of running it on low settings. Unfortunately im no wizard in this area, quite the contrary, im clueless, so i could really use some pointers and i hope that you guys are willing to help me with that.

Specifications:
Model X-ONE W-230
Processor 3,00 GHz AMD Athlon II 250 X2 AM3
Memory 6144 MB DDR3 (3 x 2048MB)
Harddisk 1500GB 5400RPM, SATA II
GFX nVidia GeForce GT220 1024MB DDR2

The above is what i am looking to purchase as it fits my budget (~750 USD), im currently playing on a Widescreen Monitor (1440x 900) which i plan on replacing later on.

So in short: Can this spec pull of World of Warcraft so that i can actually see my character? or is this a waste of money?

Thanks in Advance

I suggest that you try to build your own rig. If you need practice just look on youtube for guides on how to build a rig. You will have greater appreciation for what you build and will be much cheaper. The GT220 isn't going to be good enough for high res unless it is on mid settings and no multy logging. I run up to 4 accounts at once and may be able to log as many as 6 accounts.

UuhhTwo

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
Thanks alot guys, the both of you - i think i might take your advice, Nforce, and checkout youtube for some guides on how to build a "rig", seems there is alot of money to save.

Really the difference can be night & day and it is easy. If you need help along the way feel free to ask.