[SOLVED] gt 440 gpu

Solution
will a gt 440 fit in optiplex 780 desktop tower with 255w psu?

A big maybe. Card uses more power than PCIe slot can provide, and in OEM systems even PCIe power can be less than standard. Also "fit" depends on the case size. Tower case, it should fit. Power supply is not likely to have extra video card power so you either need to replace it (best thing), or use adapters (not very good and can cause issues up to shorting out and killing the computer). Also that card has about a 100 watt draw under full load, your PSU may or may not handle that during use. I would not use it if it was my system.
will a gt 440 fit in optiplex 780 desktop tower with 255w psu?

A big maybe. Card uses more power than PCIe slot can provide, and in OEM systems even PCIe power can be less than standard. Also "fit" depends on the case size. Tower case, it should fit. Power supply is not likely to have extra video card power so you either need to replace it (best thing), or use adapters (not very good and can cause issues up to shorting out and killing the computer). Also that card has about a 100 watt draw under full load, your PSU may or may not handle that during use. I would not use it if it was my system.

Last edited:
Solution
Jul 17, 2019
so what gpu you recommend?