Question GT 730 Driver compatibility problem

wcrockett

Reputable
Feb 26, 2016
I'm attempting to install Nvidia driver 391.35 (the last Fermi driver) on the latest version of Windows 10 for my GT 730, however I keep encountering the same error. After checking for compatibility, I get this:

NVIDIA Installer cannot continue
This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows.
This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.

I've also tried older and newer drivers without success. Any ideas for working around this?

Thanks

Some Dell Optiplex
i3 4170
8 GB G Skill RAM
GT 730
250 GB SSD

It's important what version of Windows 10 you have (there have been complaints the newer NVIDIA drivers require a newer version of Windows10. The current is 1809 and the new version will be updating soon. Best to do a clean install. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Another thing you can try is to go to the Hardware Manger double click on the adapter and click update driver and then "Browse my computer for driver software". Direct the search to C:\ NVIDIA. click on all the subsequent folders/ directories until you get to the International Folder/ Directory. At this point Windows should recognize the NVIDIA driver information, click open and the NVIDIA drivers should load. If not check the Display.Driver folder. This has worked for me in the past..

FYI, I have a GT 640 and just loaded the same driver and it loaded without any issue. My Windows 10 version is 1809 but it also worked with 1803..

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS