GT4.. amazing graphics and all that..

Its much of the same thing. Its on par for what we've come to expect
from the GT series. If you liked the GTs before, you'll like this one
too.

Paul Dormer wrote:
> .. but is it "fun"?

I thought so. They really improved the handling, at least for
non-Japanese cars. It was the first game in a series where you could
actually drive a Mustang around a track without feeling like you are
driving a cement truck.

Paul Dormer wrote:

> .. but is it "fun"?

parts are a blast and parts make you want to deck the writers...
pretty much the same as any good driving game.

--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:27:03 +0000, Paul Dormer <medi@aclara.NOT>
wrote:

>.. but is it "fun"?

It is great fun for about 10 hours, until you unlock the "money races"
after which the game reward/unlocking/progression structure is
basically broken. Since that is the source of fun in this game ... I'd
argue that GT3 is actually a superior game.

Paul Dormer wrote:
> .. but is it "fun"?

My copy of GT4 just arrived today from Gamefly and I'll have to say
these "amazing graphics" are no where to be found, even when playing
the game in 1080i. The cars look great but everything else is lacking.
The environments are bland and static (take a peek at a tree when
driving by) and the jaggies are as bad as a first generation PS2 game.

The fun factor is standard Gran Tursimo fare. Decent and solid but the
pinball physics affect still exists. It's early but I haven't run
across anything that sets this game apart from GT3.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

In article <1111785479.355675.191650@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote:
>Paul Dormer wrote:
>> .. but is it "fun"?
>
>My copy of GT4 just arrived today from Gamefly and I'll have to say
>these "amazing graphics" are no where to be found, even when playing
>the game in 1080i. The cars look great but everything else is lacking.
> The environments are bland and static (take a peek at a tree when
>driving by) and the jaggies are as bad as a first generation PS2 game.
>
>The fun factor is standard Gran Tursimo fare. Decent and solid but the
>pinball physics affect still exists. It's early but I haven't run
>across anything that sets this game apart from GT3.

Try 480p, I find I prefer it to 1080i, which I admit was a bit of
hype.

Also try running a lap or two around the Nurburgring. Amazing.

Yes, it is pretty much GT3+. No surprise. Yes, I wish they
addressed the many issues fans have been screaming about since GT.
But do a few laps of the 'ring or La Sarthe with a FF wheel. If
you are into cars and racing (or hotlapping), you will probably
say: Yes, this is damned fun!