GT4-long loading times

Hello,

Just got my piece of GT4, drove half night and got
the game stucked tens of times. Is it normal that
after a race it just starts loading and loading forever?
For the first times I reseted the whole console, then I
found out that it helps if you open and close the cd-tray,
then it somehow wakes up again. This is annoying feature.
My console is the oldest PS2 version.

GT4 as a game looks good, but there's not so much
new compared to the old GT3 version in my opinion...
Driving tests seems to be more easier, at least the two
lowest licence lewels? Anyway worth of buying despite
those loading flaws...

Regards,
-Tommi
close

Holy grammer Batman.....

I have somewhat of the same problem with my 300001. I just can't get the
game to boot sometimes. Only GT4 is giving me intermittent DREs, so I am
going to go get a new PS2.

"Tommi Salmenhaara" <tomsalota_poijes@dnainternet.netylimaaraiset> wrote in
message news:d16ekk$b2s$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se...
> Hello,
>
> Just got my piece of GT4, drove half night and got
> the game stucked tens of times. Is it normal that
> after a race it just starts loading and loading forever?
> For the first times I reseted the whole console, then I
> found out that it helps if you open and close the cd-tray,
> then it somehow wakes up again. This is annoying feature.
> My console is the oldest PS2 version.
>
> GT4 as a game looks good, but there's not so much
> new compared to the old GT3 version in my opinion...
> Driving tests seems to be more easier, at least the two
> lowest licence lewels? Anyway worth of buying despite
> those loading flaws...
>
> Regards,
> -Tommi
> close

ROFL
"Holy grammer Batman....."

"Steve Mackie" <stevemackie@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Holy grammer Batman.....
>
> I have somewhat of the same problem with my 300001. I just can't get the
> game to boot sometimes. Only GT4 is giving me intermittent DREs, so I am
> going to go get a new PS2.
>
> "Tommi Salmenhaara" <tomsalota_poijes@dnainternet.netylimaaraiset> wrote
> in message news:d16ekk$b2s$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se...
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just got my piece of GT4, drove half night and got
>> the game stucked tens of times. Is it normal that
>> after a race it just starts loading and loading forever?
>> For the first times I reseted the whole console, then I
>> found out that it helps if you open and close the cd-tray,
>> then it somehow wakes up again. This is annoying feature.
>> My console is the oldest PS2 version.
>>
>> GT4 as a game looks good, but there's not so much
>> new compared to the old GT3 version in my opinion...
>> Driving tests seems to be more easier, at least the two
>> lowest licence lewels? Anyway worth of buying despite
>> those loading flaws...
>>
>> Regards,
>> -Tommi
>> close

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:54:43 +0200, "Tommi Salmenhaara"
<tomsalota_poijes@dnainternet.netylimaaraiset> wrote:

>Just got my piece of GT4, drove half night and got
>the game stucked tens of times. Is it normal that
>after a race it just starts loading and loading forever?

Nope, not at all. There should be no load screen until you exit the
track. And overall I've found GT4 loading times to be great ... I've
timed it in fact, and there's nothing longer than 15 seconds, even

"Joe62" <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:54:43 +0200, "Tommi Salmenhaara"
> <tomsalota_poijes@dnainternet.netylimaaraiset> wrote:
>
>>Just got my piece of GT4, drove half night and got
>>the game stucked tens of times. Is it normal that
>>after a race it just starts loading and loading forever?
>
> Nope, not at all. There should be no load screen until you exit the
> track. And overall I've found GT4 loading times to be great ... I've
> timed it in fact, and there's nothing longer than 15 seconds, even

I got a newer version 9 and the loading times are quick as well.
I was really surprised since some games like MK: Deception takes
forever , but since I put it on my hd its cool now. Cant put GT4 on the
harddrive though and I was worried.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:48:42 GMT, "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote:

>forever , but since I put it on my hd its cool now. Cant put GT4 on the
>harddrive though and I was worried.

I would buy a hard-drive if it supported games like GT4. The whole
game doesn't have to be on the thing, just the stuff you load all the
time (tracks, cars, front end menus).

"Joe62" <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:54:43 +0200, "Tommi Salmenhaara"
> <tomsalota_poijes@dnainternet.netylimaaraiset> wrote:
>
> >Just got my piece of GT4, drove half night and got
> >the game stucked tens of times. Is it normal that
> >after a race it just starts loading and loading forever?
>
> Nope, not at all. There should be no load screen until you exit the
> track. And overall I've found GT4 loading times to be great ... I've
> timed it in fact, and there's nothing longer than 15 seconds, even

Thanks for everyone for your comments!

And yes, it is the exit part that is stucking. But yesterday evening when
I used a wheel it doesn't stuck at all like it did with teh pad, strange.
By the way, it's much easier to drive with a proper wheel, it helps
much especially with the license tests!

-Tommi

Joe62 got up from the bar and shouted: :
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:48:42 GMT, "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote:
>

>>forever , but since I put it on my hd its cool now. Cant put GT4 on the
>>harddrive though and I was worried.
>

> I would buy a hard-drive if it supported games like GT4. The whole
> game doesn't have to be on the thing, just the stuff you load all the
> time (tracks, cars, front end menus).

Does GT4 not work with HDLoader ? Shame as I was hoping to copy mine
from the DVD to speed up loading of the game...