[SOLVED] GT501 Case RGB controller and molex connector

Dec 12, 2021
Having an issue with the GT501 with the molex connector and RGB controller[I believe thats what it is from what videos I can find.]
I am not running any rgb, and I found a video saying they just disconnected both of the items above.
Will attempt to include pictures in post[edit here,can't figure out how to do that], but I did that and now I have a mess of wires. Basically what I believe to be the cables for the fan motors are all daisy chained together, while now the ones from the 2 items are hanging loose. Can I just tie those up as is and plug the single cable the motors come together into, into one chassis port? Or do I need to plug them into each other or something?

Solution
Carefully seperate your wire and hook each up to the correct spot on the mobo, it 'd be best to put some of it behind the mobo frame if your case can handle that.
Also use simple zip ties to tuck away wires that maybe dangling and may hit a case fan or cpu heatsink fan by accident.
Bring back your mobo specs with pictures , image hosting sites is your best bet, been using image shack for years with very little problems.
Carefully seperate your wire and hook each up to the correct spot on the mobo, it 'd be best to put some of it behind the mobo frame if your case can handle that.
Also use simple zip ties to tuck away wires that maybe dangling and may hit a case fan or cpu heatsink fan by accident.
Bring back your mobo specs with pictures , image hosting sites is your best bet, been using image shack for years with very little problems.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS