[SOLVED] GT710 1GB GT730 2GB Upgrade - How much FPS Boost?

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
Hi guys, I'm Planning to Upgrade my Super Potato-Trash GPU GT710 1GB DDR3 to GT730 2GB DDR3 in order to get better FPS (Especially in GTAV) . my Current PC Specs are

CPU - Intel Pentium G2020
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GT 710 (1GB DDR3)
RAM - 4GB DDR3-1333

Gaming Resolution - 1360x768

So if I Upgrade my GT710 1GB DDR3 GPU to a GT730 2GB DDR3 (And then OC the GT730 to get another 10 FPS Boost), Will I be Able to Get a 20-30 FPS Boost in GTA V with lowest Settings? (I currently get 30-40 FPS Average with my Overclocked GT710 in GTAV)

Any Help would be Appreciated - Thanks guys good forum XD

Solution
I'm not Living in America or Europian Countries, So I have to Sell my GT710 and buy the GT730. Also, I didn't ask for Those High end cards, I said will I get at least 10-30 FPS Boost in GTA V by Upgrading to GT730 and then OCing it to gain another 10 FPS? (720p, lowest settings) So Please Answer.
Thanks

You're likely looking at something like a 10-25% FPS boost, depending on the game. 30 FPS bumps are typically unrealistic and even quality GPUs at higher FPS that are made for overclocking often don't get a 10 FPS boost in games they run at 100 FPS.

A used 750 Ti would be a better option to save up for; it's not a high-end card.

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
What´s your budget and where can you buy graphics cards?

From 710 to 730 you won´t get a boost . If you get one for 10$ ok, but if more, it would be wasting money.

The GTX 750TI would be a boost to 60fps at max settings
I'm not Living in America or Europian Countries, So I have to Sell my GT710 and buy the GT730. Also, I didn't ask for Those High end cards, I said will I get at least 10-30 FPS Boost in GTA V by Upgrading to GT730 and then OCing it to gain another 10 FPS? (720p, lowest settings) So Please Answer.
Thanks

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Thanks

You're likely looking at something like a 10-25% FPS boost, depending on the game. 30 FPS bumps are typically unrealistic and even quality GPUs at higher FPS that are made for overclocking often don't get a 10 FPS boost in games they run at 100 FPS.

A used 750 Ti would be a better option to save up for; it's not a high-end card.

Solution

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019

Thanks, I'll get a damn GT740. (Forget about those Shitty Gigantic-Power Eater Beasts like RX 580 or GTX 1060, I HAVE SUPER POTATO GAMING)

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
it is a boost, but not a big boost, gtx 750 ti is not a high end gpu, it came 4 years ago and is a low end gpu, the gpus you mention are not even entry level, keep that in mind

the point others are making is that is not a good investment, is sort of a waste of money, so perhaps reconsider, save some more moey and aim to another gpu, not a 730, that is not a gaming gpu, is more like a display adapter, if you want to see results, the gpu you want, while being more or less cheap, is gt 740, from 710 to 730 you barely will feel a difference, perhaps measure it with fraps , but not feel it really

a bigger upgrade would be a gt 1030, try to see if you can buy one second hand and see if in your country there could be a cheap enough transport service, from the country you buy to where you live, if you find a deal, it will be a better investment than the 730

if you really don't want to save more money, if you really want the change, try to find something better than the gt 730, you will get very little in return from that gpu

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If it is available to you, getting a GT 730 that has GDDR5, would be an improvement over a DDR3 version of that card. I don't know how much of a price difference would be involved, though.

Also, note that the DDR3 version of the 730 comes in 64-bit and 128-bit. The 64-bit is 2GB, the 128-bit is 1GB - given the bit-width, the 2GB might be slower than the 1GB version. Less memory bandwidth, although the 2GB has more CUDA cores and a higher clock than the 1GB version.

See the specs here, particularly with regard to memory bandwidth:

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-730/specifications

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
it is a boost, but not a big boost, gtx 750 ti is not a high end gpu, it came 4 years ago and is a low end gpu, the gpus you mention are not even entry level, keep that in mind

the point others are making is that is not a good investment, is sort of a waste of money, so perhaps reconsider, save some more moey and aim to another gpu, not a 730, that is not a gaming gpu, is more like a display adapter, if you want to see results, the gpu you want, while being more or less cheap, is gt 740, from 710 to 730 you barely will feel a difference, perhaps measure it with fraps , but not feel it really

a bigger upgrade would be a gt 1030, try to see if you can buy one second hand and see if in your country there could be a cheap enough transport service, from the country you buy to where you live, if you find a deal, it will be a better investment than the 730

if you really don't want to save more money, if you really want the change, try to find something better than the gt 730, you will get very little in return from that gpu
So I should go for the GT740 instead of GT730, and GT740 gives me more FPS. Right? (If GT740 gives me more FPS, how much fps boost in gtav?)

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
on low, 1080p, should give you close to 30 fps stable, but gta depends lot on the cpu, and you say you have a dual core pentium, and that will not let you have stable fps

so you will have stuttering, sudden vanishing of textures on the game so you end driving over nothing and other problems

i did not told you that you have to aim for the gt 740, what i wanted to say is that do not buy the gt730, aim higher, the minimum you should get is the gt740, and i wouldn't buy that gpu, is way too old, gtx 750ti should be your target between old gpus, from a bit more recent, you can get gt 1030, i have one here, it gives me around 40fps in a mix of medium to high settings, but i have a 4 core ryzen cpu, and that affects alot on this game, this game does need a fast 4 cores cpu

your target is get more fps, i understand that it is important for you, but i have played gta in multiple pcs and consoles, i praise more smooth fps than lots of fps, stutter, sudden loss of textures makes the game unplayable basically

so my point is keep your expectations low and consider also changing that 2 cores cpu for at least a i5, gta does use 4 cores, 4 fast cores, i used to play on a low power athlon, it was a really bad experience