Gta 4 horrible lag please help!

dzanders24

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015
Hey guys,

I recently installed gta 4 with hopes of downloading the lcpdfr mod. So far I have been unable to make the game itself playable before I even download the mod. I will post my benchmark test I have messed with all the settings from everything on the lowest to highest, tried all the commandline.txt combinations that are out there, disabled windows event logs, defragged computer and downloaded contig to defrag gta folder, downloaded game booster for fun to try, changed NVidia settings to a couple forums I found optimized for gta 4. Nothing is working. I can get it to run OK if I am just walking but as soon as I turn the camera or try to run/drive it will become un playable instantly. Any help would be appreciated! I have Valley benchmark on my computer and on an ultra high setting can pull 55-60 fps. The gta benchmark highest I have got is 10.... here is the gta benchmark:
Statistics
Average FPS: 7.64
Duration: 26.30 sec
CPU Usage: 51%
System memory usage: 32%
Video memory usage: 17%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1920 x 1080 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Low
Shadow Quality: Off
Reflection Resolution: Low
Water Quality: Low
Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic x2
Night Shadows: Off
View Distance: 1
Detail Distance: 1

Hardware
Microsoft Windows 8

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Video Driver version: 347.25
Audio Adapter: HT-R990-C (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

File ID: Benchmark.cli

Solution
Game is horrible.

I have an i7-3770K + GTX680 + 16GB DDR3 and the game stutters so much it's unplayable for me. In fact, I noticed it would run SMOOTH for a short time then massively stutter, but then if I saved and reloaded it would be smooth in the SAME SPOT for 30 seconds or so then stutter yet again almost like there was a memory leak (which there didn't seemed to be).

The game also would NOT synch to 60FPS for me and in fact would synch to odd values like 44FPS regardless of HIGHEST or LOWEST settings.

I never got it working on three different computers.
Game is horrible.

I have an i7-3770K + GTX680 + 16GB DDR3 and the game stutters so much it's unplayable for me. In fact, I noticed it would run SMOOTH for a short time then massively stutter, but then if I saved and reloaded it would be smooth in the SAME SPOT for 30 seconds or so then stutter yet again almost like there was a memory leak (which there didn't seemed to be).

The game also would NOT synch to 60FPS for me and in fact would synch to odd values like 44FPS regardless of HIGHEST or LOWEST settings.

I never got it working on three different computers.

Solution