GTA 4 is not running well with nvidia geforce 9600 GSO 1 GB

G

Hi buddies I have 1 GB Card namely Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO but it is not running well GTA with full graphics textures and shaders always disappears from the screen. I need your help whether this card is supported for GTA 4 or not, further more many games like Resident Evil 5, Far cary 2, Dead Space are running very well with this card with high graphics.

with profound regards,

Khan

its not that intensive - it runs on my 2 year old rig, that tells you something

have you updated the chipset and video drivers? aswell as the game?

test your hardware?

also gta prefers quad cores (heaps of CPU power) over a high end video card, although video performance is still needed, and a 9600GSO isnt exactly high end

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
updating from ver1.0 to 1.1(if im not mistaken) gave me 3-5fps boost, cant remember the exact figures though.

my guess is that you're forcing to eat all that 1gb RAM on visual details. well dont. i had a 4870 1gb (more than 2x faster than your card) that ran that game on 1440x900 and still it wasnt the most fluid experience

drop the visual settings a lil bit..

I'm resisting the urge to respond with simply "DUH!!". Anyway, your GPU simply cannot keep up with the game at high settings. Since the developers knew this I doubt they even bothered to test a lower end card like the 9600GSO with anything above medium. Lower the visual details, update the game, and if you still have trouble try updating your drivers.

tuesday0180

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Don't feel bad. I run GTA 4 like crap with a GTX 260 216 shader SC. I think it has to do with the cpu more than GPU. My CPU sucks e5200 2.5gigs. I ran it 1650x1050 high settings, but visual distance was below middle of the slider.

What's your cpu speed?

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
GTAIV is shoddy CPU bound console port, and has very inefficient coding as far as GPU usage goes. It is not a fair representation of any gaming PC's abilities.

apache_lives' experience with a fairly heavily OC'd quadcore is a common occurance, as even the very high end systems, with OC'd i7s with overkill graphics solutions have a tough time breaking 60fps.

G

[Thanks Buddy for your reply.

My system specificaton are as under

GX 620 with 3.8 processor and 1 gb ram.

Is there any problem with my system specifications or else.

with regards

G

My system specifcation are as uder:

GX 620 3.8 Processor and 1 gb ram.

regards

G

Thanks

But many games like Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Resident Evil 5, Call of duty modern warfare 2. wolfentien, dead space and many games with heavy graphics are running well in this is system

deandean

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
:( :( :( :( :( uhm i have a problem this are my specs please tell me whats wrong cuase gta iv runs very and very bad my resulution is : 1680*1050 and 32 bits 60hz

comp.:
intel® core® i3 530 @2.93ghz
3gb ram please help me and tell what is wrong whit it ;'( heeeelp

TRENDING THREADS