GTA 4 Last Mission Bug

michaelmk86

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
In the last mission i couldn't reach the helicopter after the jump from the boat (when tapping the jump key) and I couldn't beat the game. I try to changed the jump key from space bar to something else but didn’t work.

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
Just keep trying. It was the same for me after 30+ attempts I finally got it. Well actually I did reach helicopter almost every time but the problem was pulling up into it.

mattycakes

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008
Slightly off topic but what kind of systems are you guys running gta on? I'm not sure if my athlon x2 5600 and geforce 9800 GT is going to cut it.

gangstavin

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
fellow gta4 pc. cannot pass the last mission either. Im running on a p4 3.2ht with 1g ati radeon 2600agp and 3g ram.have tried cut graphics settings, turning off all unneeded services in win 7 32bit, and even turning off antivirus and firewall in mcaffee thru task mgr to twerk the performance of the machine. Im working on a developer machine so Im runnning vs2008pro and sql2008 enterprise along with office enterprise and expression web. after cutting startup services i can get my processes down to 49 on task mgr. gameplay is fluid on lowest graphics setting and choppy on the highest graphic settings, so ive been playing on lowest settings on a clean win 7 install since sept 9,09. came to the decision, and played thru both options no cheats on any saved games in quest for the lost and the dammed. Still I cant get on the helicopter on the last mission. The boat is always not where its supposed to be no matter how prepaired i am. I cant even get under the carrot for the last mission. Its like the character niko takes to long to get on the boat after being dropped from the helicopter, and then the character niko wont sit down after you do get on the boat. Its oct 16 and ive been on this mission since sept 29. game wont let me progress. help please if you have any suggestions. thanks kevin. gvin@live.com

geekay007

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I have the same problem. It's got to be a glitch in the game. The other stages where you need to tap spacebar quickly worked OK. Forget about getting help from rockstar support. I've tried three times and nothing. This is the last rockstar game I'll ever buy.

gangstavin

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
the key to the last mission is to hold the left joystick back instead of forward. pulling back speeds up the boat. I found this suggestion on the net and it worked first try after uncountable failures. gvin@live.com

gangstavin

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009

the key to the last mission is to hold the left joystick back instead of forward. pulling back speeds up the boat. I found this suggestion on the net and it worked first try after uncountable failures. gvin@live.com