GTA 4 problems

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
I have had GTA 4 for awhile now and decided I wanted to play it agian after a bit but when i started it up there were major issues. I went to the graphics tab and I could not change any of the settings, they were all set to lowest and the cards ram was highlighted in red even though it only said 230mb/4000mb.

I turned off crossfireX and it allowed me to change the settings but ingame I was getting horrid performance, missing textures, and flickering textures, turning off catalyst a.i. helped a little bit but not alot.
I tried lowering the graphics and the game became kinda stable with most graphic options set to med and low but still not so good performance wise.

I tried gta 4 with catalyst 10.10 and had these issues, then upgraded to 10.11 but still the same, though i did notice my score in Unigines heaven benchmark went from 3080 with 10.10 down to 2815 with 10.11...

I do not know if it is a driver issue or if something is wrong with the game, any help is appreciated!
Last time a played the game was with 10.6 drivers and even then i was having some bad texture pop up (swing the camera around and the screen takes a second to load) and flickering (exiting buildings was the worst).
I believe 10.4 it was fine but I would not like to downgrade drivers, though i may go back to 10.10.
Also this is the steam version if that makes a difference.

Thanks!!

blackhamachi

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
did u try to reinstall the game? mb some files r corrupted...chk .net framework is installed....if that did not help findout if u still the save file stored in C:\Users\***\AppData\Local and delete it same in C:\Users\****\Documents....after all install patch 1.0.7

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, no effect, and i have the latest drivers for both the game and my PCs graphics cards. The save game is not what is the problem, its the game itself.

Thanks so far!

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

Are you sure you have all the driver in your pc ?
+ try removing the game, clean registry, remove junk then reinstall..

TRENDING THREADS