Apr 27, 2022
I am having some problems in GTA 5. When I start the game it shows,

"Activation Required - Activation requires an internet connection and you are currently in offline mode. Your offline activation data could not be loaded. Please verify your internet connection and restart GTA 5"

And in rockstar game launcher a pop up shows saying, "Offline - unfortunately we failed to fetch essential asset. Please try again later.."

NOTE : Purchased the game from steam and Internet connection is ok.

Reactions: mollyvaynerchuck
Apr 27, 2022
Try verifying the game files via Steam, restart the system and try launching the game.

If that doesn't work then install the Rockstar Games launcher directly from Rockstar and then launch the game again.
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/89k8a554534523/Download-The-Rockstar-Games-Launcher

If the problem persist post any error messages you get.
I tried but the problem continues. A friend suggested to use VPN while play the game. I will let you know if it solves the problem.

Apr 12, 2022
I am having some problems in GTA 5. When I start the game it shows,

"Activation Required - Activation requires an internet connection and you are currently in offline mode. Your offline activation data could not be loaded. Please verify your internet connection and restart GTA 5"

And in rockstar game launcher a pop up shows saying, "Offline - unfortunately we failed to fetch essential asset. Please try again later.."

NOTE : Purchased the game from steam and Internet connection is ok.

I think disabling rules from outbound rules in the control panel will resolve the issue. You will get a guide on how to do this on Google.

VPN will slow down the speed if you use the free one. Rest depends on you.