[SOLVED] GTA 5 and other games stuttering randomly for no reason on a high-end PC ?

Aug 26, 2021
My pc specs:
1660 super gpu
ryzen 5 1600x cpu
16gb ram
Corsair TX550M PSU
New windows on SSD (just reinstalled)

Hello so for many months i have had this problem with my pc stuttering in every game that is a bit demanding and it happens occasionally, most of the time everything runs smooth but at random it starts stuttering for no apparent reason for more than 30 minutes, the sound and every app starts stuttering too so it is not just the game. This also happens on other games like rust.

Here is what i have tried:
  • Reinstalling windows and checking for viruses and malware
  • Checking temperatures and they are good
  • Changing thermal paste on cpu

I dont know what could i do to fix this as i dont know what is causing it?
Here is a video to show you what i mean but it doesnt have sound
View: https://youtu.be/52dJU6WE9HI

Solution
Stuttering is almost always because of a temporary lack of cpu resource.
It happens on even top end systems.
R5-1600X is not particularly strong in single thread performance.
From what I read,
That is what GTA needs most.

There may be some help in the GTAV forums.

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? What OS version(not edition) are you working with, provided you're on Windows 10? Where did you source the installer for the OS? Age of the PSU in your build? Make and model of the ram kit used? How are you cooling the processor? Make and model of your SSD and the amount of partitions as well as free space on said SSD? As for your platform, did you install all relevant drivers on the platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, after sourcing all drivers from your motherboard maker's support site?

FYI, that isn't a high end PC. Mid range, yes but not high end.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Did you reinstall over Windows or perform a complete wipe of the drive and fresh install?
Is it only online games that stutter?

Try running HWiNFO64 in the background (sensors only, logging on) while you game with stuttering. Play for 15 mins and then go through the log file to see if anything is out of place, or upload it somewhere we can have a look at it.

Aug 26, 2021
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? What OS version(not edition) are you working with, provided you're on Windows 10? Where did you source the installer for the OS? Age of the PSU in your build? Make and model of the ram kit used? How are you cooling the processor? Make and model of your SSD and the amount of partitions as well as free space on said SSD? As for your platform, did you install all relevant drivers on the platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, after sourcing all drivers from your motherboard maker's support site?

FYI, that isn't a high end PC. Mid range, yes but not high end.
My os version is 21h1 (OS Build 19043.1348) and i got the installer from microsoft website, the build is new so the psu has 1 year, i have 2x8gb ddr4 3000mhz corsair ram cl16, the processor uses an amd wraith prism cooler and i have a kingston a400 250gb with more than 50gb free and 2 hdds and i have 3 partitions for each and i installed every driver from the support site in administrator mode

Aug 26, 2021
Did you reinstall over Windows or perform a complete wipe of the drive and fresh install?
Is it only online games that stutter?

Try running HWiNFO64 in the background (sensors only, logging on) while you game with stuttering. Play for 15 mins and then go through the log file to see if anything is out of place, or upload it somewhere we can have a look at it.
I did a clean install of windows 10 and it happens in singleplayer games too as you can see in the video, i will try to do what you said.

Stuttering is almost always because of a temporary lack of cpu resource.
It happens on even top end systems.
R5-1600X is not particularly strong in single thread performance.
From what I read,
That is what GTA needs most.

There may be some help in the GTAV forums.

Solution