[SOLVED] Gta 5 fps drops at night

Dec 15, 2019
Hello guys, i am having massive fps drops at night from 19:00 until 06:00 (in the game) in gta 5. My pc specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g.
GPU: ASUS Dual Rx 580 O-4G 4gigs.
MOTHERBOARD: Biostar a320mh.
RAM: 2x4gb 2666mhz.
So basically i am playing everything on max at 1080p except the water at normal and shadows on high and grass on high vsync off. When 19:00 comes when i look at the city my fps drops as low as 40 fps, but in the daytime my fps never goes below 70. Does anyone else has this problem and does anyone has a solution to this problem i really like the game and want to enjoy it but this is really a pain in the but....

Solution
So, the gpu stays to 100%, if the cpu stays 40% to 80%s you are being GPU bottlenecking, but i check if it affects to me night/day to fps. Im running R5 3600, so we could see if something changes.
Dec 15, 2019
Ok so this may sound crazy, but is it warmer in your pc room at 7:00pm? Perhaps your pc is slightly overheating and causing slowdowns? Monitor your cpu, gpu temps and see if this is a problem.
No man, it's doesn't happen when it's 7:00pm in the real world it happens when it's the 7pm in the game no matter what time is it in the real world and it's happens even when i just enter the game like when my safe loads up at night....

No man, it's doesn't happen when it's 7:00pm in the real world it happens when it's the 7pm in the game no matter what time is it in the real world and it's happens even when i just enter the game like when my safe loads up at night....
lol well thats how your post reads, when 7pm comes my game drops to 40 fps my bad. :oops: So when the night scene comes what are your cpu and gpu percentage running at? I read that a lot of people experience the same problem as you.

It's kinda strange if the usage of the cpu and gpu stay the same and have those drops. So could be lack of CPU power? GTAV is pretty heavy on CPUs and could be that. Check if it all low do some change. If it don't change you are getting CPU bottleneck.
What do you think about it? He may be bottleneck by the gpu or the cpu at some point. @Fix_that_Glitch
Yes I agree everything I have read and discussed with friends points to Ryzen cpu's not liking Gta 5 night scene. That is why I asked if the cpu/gpu percentages changed. Have to find the setting that affects the cpu the most.

Reactions: Vuxxan24

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
In my opinion if the usages from cpu and gpu stay by the same on night and day and have those fps differences could be lack of VRAM (probably not in this case) or GPU power (probably not in this case). Also physics could be affect more the CPU at night. I have Ryzen system and GTA, i could try later on to see if this affects me.