[SOLVED] GTA 5 Frame Dropping

Nov 2, 2019
My frames average around 100 FPS but I have significant frame drops.

Trying to see what I can do, I:
  • Reinstalled the latest Nvidia drivers on GeForce Experience
  • Used the OC mode in GPU Tweak II
  • Checked to have the latest CPU drivers
  • Installed Quick CPU and set it to max settings
  • Closed down any applications such as discord, Opera GX...
When in GTA 5, my graphic settings are down to normal and most things turned off. I reach around 100-140 FPS but also have a lot of frame drops and lag, in campaign mode. I don't have any issues with games such as Rainbow Six Siege which is set to max setting and doesn't have any issues, but earlier today I played Assassin's Creed Unity as well and the game would freeze from time to time and then continue going. I checked my CPU usage and it was 100% and later, after closing it down, it was 80-90-100% and I do not know why. Right now it is around 80-90% with only Opera GX in use. Recently I have restored my BIOS to default settings, therefor I have no CPU overclock.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Specs:
Motherboard:
H110M-A M.2
RAM: 2x Corsaire Vengance 8gb DDR4 2666 MHz
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.20 GHz
CPU Cooler: DeepCool GAMMAXX 300
Graphics Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 DUAL OC Edition 8GB GDDR5
Power Supply: DualForward ZM600-LX
Hard Drive: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
SSD: Kingston 128gb
Case: Neos Middle Tower
Monitor: LG 27MP58VQ-P

Solution
It could be due to your CPU. Your CPU paired with a 1070 is a CPU bottleneck in many cases. GTA is a very CPU demanding games so I would expect this.