Gta 5 on Intel HD 4400

ismailsaad

Honorable
Apr 16, 2015
hi! the integrated Intel graphics never was for gaming ! if you hav a desktop computer well u r lucky to spent a little money & by a nice GPU but if you have a laptop ! well ! u r out of luck :)

Deyadissa

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
You can run it on a HD4400, I think people are underestimating the power of the integrated cards.

You'd have to turn down a lot of settings, but it would be playable at least at 30fps.

RinArs

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

What settings can I turn down?

All of them.

Deyadissa

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
Well you would have to run at 720p much like the video game consoles, and turn down most settings. The game should run atleast 30fps, but may drop down to 22 in heavy areas but it's all how you want to tune the settings yourself.

Keep in mind the game was designed to be ran at 30fps originally, so you're not missing much with 60fps; but i'd recommend buying it for a video game console if your computer is that weak as the console version is miles better in terms of optimization with weaker hardware.

You can always download a demo and see how well it works before purchasing, usually rockstar provides demos of their PC games.

Graphics aside, the bigger problem is that your CPU is dual-core. Granted, it's Hyper-Threaded, but a logical core and a physical core are completely different when it comes to gaming.

Your CPU is designed for low power and good battery life, not intensive tasks such as gaming. Even if GTA V did launch, the frame rate would likely make it unplayable.