[SOLVED] GTA 5 online and other games 70+fps random stuttering and sound stuttering on good pc

radwuw

Reputable
Dec 28, 2017
Hello, so i have had this problem for 3 months, when i play gta 5 online i usually get between 70-80fps, but after some minutes when playing the game it randomly starts stuttering to 1-2fps and also if there is sound playing it starts lagging the sound on my pc too, this lasts between 5 or 20 minutes usually. Someone said that it was because my pc is overheating but temps seemed normal and i tried to change the thermal paste too but its still the same. I scanned everywhere for viruses and found 0. And it happens in other games like rust too but it is not so big of a problem unlike gta 5 which becomes unplayable. Maybe it is a software related issue rather than my pc failing.

My pc specs:
16GB RAM
AMD RYZEN 1600x CPU
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 SUPER GPU
Windows 10 on SSD

Solution
Not sure what the go is with Rust but for Gta5, try enable adaptive vsync or application control in NvidiaCP program list for Gta5 and enable Vsync in game. Gta 5 has frame rate issues especially in the menus and cause the game to chug if Vsync is not on.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure what the go is with Rust but for Gta5, try enable adaptive vsync or application control in NvidiaCP program list for Gta5 and enable Vsync in game. Gta 5 has frame rate issues especially in the menus and cause the game to chug if Vsync is not on.

Last edited:
Solution