[SOLVED] Gta 5 Online lagging

Dec 30, 2019
I have a problem with GTA 5. The game works perfectly in story mode even on very high settings. But when I join online session, it starts to frame drop a lot. I put graphics to normal and still frame drops. Looks like if I am in solo session, it works fine, but when there are players in session, it starts frame dropping a lot. I have i5 and gtx 1050ti, definitely shouldn't be lagging. Anybody knows where's the problem?

Solution
If it's only happening sometimes then it's not too bad. Remember, your computer must deal with extra stuff on the map ie, peoples assets etc. Fps & population/density, is afaik, regulated by Rockstar to keep things fair. Wouldn't be fair if you were chasing someone in a car and you had less traffic to deal with. Settings aren't going to be identical to Story mode.

Your system specs (in the real world) just cuts mustard.
Dec 30, 2019
Online is considerably more demanding especially on cpu.

What's your full system specs?
I5 2400
Gtx 1050ti
8gb ram
Shouldn't be a problem for those specs. But weird thing is if I put it even on low graphicsvit still lags but only sometimes and only when there are other people in session.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If it's only happening sometimes then it's not too bad. Remember, your computer must deal with extra stuff on the map ie, peoples assets etc. Fps & population/density, is afaik, regulated by Rockstar to keep things fair. Wouldn't be fair if you were chasing someone in a car and you had less traffic to deal with. Settings aren't going to be identical to Story mode.

Your system specs (in the real world) just cuts mustard.

Solution