GTA 5 / Online-Terrible pop-in texture issues

naughty_mage

Commendable
Aug 23, 2018
GTA 5 / Online-Terrible pop-in texture issues
GTX 1060, AMD x4 640 (? iirc)
16 GB ram
huge portions of textures will either switch to low-resolution (like you're flying and it's sending you the rough version that's off by a bit in what level it's on and super low detail) or missing ENTIRELY, large sections of street, entire mountains (though you can still see the bushes and trees), and barriers like hedges and guard-rails disappear and sometimes stutter in after a few seconds...or not.
I reinstalled windows on a new hard drive, re downloaded and reinstalled the game onto an SSD, made sure all the mboard and video drivers are up to date.
I think pwr supply is 550 watts. Only reason I have to assume it's not pwr supply related is it ONLY has issues in GTA 5/Online, not GTA 4 or any of the other games I have.
Also, This card was an upgrade from a GTX760 and I'm fairly positive it didn't have the issue with this card. Though I can't find it to put it back in and retest it.

Any ideas at all?
I've found a few ppl online that have the same issue and they ALL have the 1060, not sure if same MSI model variant or not.