GTA 5 PC have offline mode ?

Christopher Stone

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
I haven’t bought a GTA 5 PC yet and as my Internet connection suck I am wondering, After Activation online can you play it on offline mode without internet ?

Solution
Yes, and very much to do once you get in. The process is simple. Just click around here and there and once you have your account set up you are good to go. You have at least 20 hours of gameplay ahead of you. Enjoy!

ShadowChandlr

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
Yes, and very much to do once you get in. The process is simple. Just click around here and there and once you have your account set up you are good to go. You have at least 20 hours of gameplay ahead of you. Enjoy!

Solution

ShadowChandlr

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
After thinking about I realize your talking about actual online while offline, no unfortunately not. But I doubt your internet would make unplayable especially considering your about to download GTA V when you buy it which is a huge download compared to most games. (Took me about 12 hours, but I don't have good internet either)

Christopher Stone

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

No i m talking about story mode not GTA Online

ShadowChandlr

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014

Oh ok. Then you are just fine. Plenty of stuff to do without internet. Back when the game first came out when it was in the 360 and ps3 stage, there only was singleplayer. So you have nothing to worry about.

Christopher Stone

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

Why only 20 hours of gameplay ? Do you have to Login after regular time period ? Can you explain me with more detail ?

ShadowChandlr

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014

Oh no, not at all. I was just saying around the length of the singleplayer missions, and that's mostly if you ignore the side missions. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yet another Steve

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013
I would NOT rely on GTA 5 PC being able to be played in OFFline Story mode. After installing some mods I tried playing offline, and found I could usually get it to work the first time I start Steam in offline mode. But after a game crash or just closing the game and going back to it later, it always gave me a 'Social Club login' error. Maybe a PC restart would fix it, or maybe there's a 'time out' between offline tries.