[SOLVED] Gta 5 starts stuttering after 15 to 20 minutes gameplay .

Guillotine651

Prominent
May 18, 2019
Hey . i got gta 5 for free on epic game store for the firs few days it was fine but now it starts lagging after 20 minutes of gameplay :( iMy temps are about 70 to 76 celcius whle playing ....
my specs :
Core i5 2400
GTX 960 2gb
8 gb ddr4 ram
500 gb harddisk
help will be appreciated TY

Solution
Hey . i got gta 5 for free on epic game store for the firs few days it was fine but now it starts lagging after 20 minutes of gameplay :( iMy temps are about 70 to 76 celcius whle playing ....
my specs :
Core i5 2400
GTX 960 2gb
8 gb ddr4 ram (Im sure thats DDR3)
500 gb harddisk

If it was runing fine for a few days, then Im guessing its either a CPU/GPU temp issue (or both) or a software issue, something that you chnaged, installed or uninstalled, thats is causing the issue.

A few questions:

Is the 8GB of RAM like 2x4GB of DDR3?
If it is, and if you don't have anything else runing while playing (no discord, youtube, streaming, etc)...

gruffi

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I don't know the game. But I would suggest two things. First, check if your CPU is throttling. 70-76C are not critical but still quite high. According to Intel Tcase for this processor is 72.6C. Second, 2GB VRAM is not much. Try to lower details, screen resolution, evrything that is possible. And look if the problem still exists.

Guillotine651

Prominent
May 18, 2019
Gruffi i tried lowering details at first few days i was playig high and it was smooth as butter but then it started lagging after few days i tried lowering the settings but literally nothing changed :( and i wrote wrong my ram is actually ddr3 so i wonder if thats causing issue :(

va5

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Here are the things you could do:
  1. Goto Fan Settings if it exists and set it Active
  2. Goto Power & Sleep Setting > Make a high performance plan and select it.
  3. Clean the fan in your CPU

Guillotine651

Prominent
May 18, 2019
va5 i cleaned my fans nothing changed and it was already on high performance :( I dont have a ssd i should buy that or another 4 gb of ram ??
my rma is ddr3 i wrote it wrong

my specs :
Core i5 2400
GTX 960 2gb
8 gb ddr4 ram (Im sure thats DDR3)
500 gb harddisk

If it was runing fine for a few days, then Im guessing its either a CPU/GPU temp issue (or both) or a software issue, something that you chnaged, installed or uninstalled, thats is causing the issue.

A few questions:

Is the 8GB of RAM like 2x4GB of DDR3?
If it is, and if you don't have anything else runing while playing (no discord, youtube, streaming, etc) then that should be enough to play GTA5.

When was the last time you cleanned with isopropyl alcohol, and applied new/fresh thermal paste onto the CPU?

What are you using to monitor temps?
, when gaming I really love MSI Afterburner, its a bit tricky to undertsnad how the OSD works at first, but then is really great and easy to use.

Solution