GTA 5 Stuttering

Arturovski

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
I recently upgraded from a laptop to a desktop which I built myself and I came across a major problem. when I tried to play GTA 5 I experienced a lot of stuttering and fps drops. It is at 50 for 5 seconds and then suddenly out of nowhere (no intense action) it went to like 3 fps for 2 seconds and the process repoeats itself. It is becoming worse every time I open the game again. Also some mods that have previously worked do not work anymore (at least since the stuttering). I have done everything, installed the game again, removed the mods and even set the settings to low but the same happens. Btw I play at very high settings and want to in the future. My specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
ASUS Radeon RX 560 OC 4GB VRAM
8 GB RAM 2400 mHz
playing off a new 1 TB HDD 7200 RPM

Cooling is not a problem I have checked it, also other games are running excellent...
it's just gta5...

please if anyone knows the fix

Ralston18

Titan
What PSU do you have: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Any other components installed; e.g., the "old" HDD?

And even though you wish to play at high settings can you confirm that the games plays without problems at lower settings?

Arturovski

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
the psu is almost a month old and it is a 620W seasonic S12 80+ bronze
the hard disk I'm running gta5 off is also new and it is a seagate barracuda 1 TB 720 RPM HDD
at lower settings the game looks almost identically to the high settings and also experiences stuttering just like on high settings so I don't think that settings make a difference.
Also, the game was running fine until recently, however other games run just normally...

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Performance Monitoring to observe your system's performance.

Run one or the other in an open window while watching the parameters presented. Once stable (no backups, no AV scans, no updates) slide the window to one side and leave open to watch. Then game as normal

Key is to spot some change in the system that occurs when the stuttering begins and identify the source.

Do not immediately react to some possible cause. Use the other tool and look for something in common or another consistent factor.

Arturovski

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
I've done what you asked. Opened CoreTemp, Task Manager and ASUS GPU Tweak to monitor my gameplay.
Stunningly the game was running just fine with the max. temp being 55 degrees celsius and fps not going under 40 with a avarage of 52fps.
Also this is on all Very High settings and max. population density. I think the problem earlier was something about windows because I didn't try to reboot the system, but now it is rebooted it works fine. Mods don't work so I'll have to look into that too maby... Anyways, thanks for the help :)