[SOLVED] GTA Online Crashing

Nov 12, 2018
PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1400
RAM: 8gb DDR4
GPU: Asus Ceberus 1050ti Advanced

Can someone tell me why gta keeps crashing, I am only running discord alongside it (I got 2 monitors), but it keeps crashing, I think it might have something to do with memory

edit: only had the game less than 2 weeks and it has been doing it all this time, it is really annoying, thanks

Solution
I would have a look in Event Viewer to see if there are any particular messages when the game crashes. It can help to identify a possible cause of the software, I assume, crashing to desktop.

Another thing is using MSI Afterburner and monitoring the system's behaviour. This coupled with Event Viewer may provide the information required to identify a cause. I suggest monitoring CPU (all cores/threads), GPU and RAM frequencies and usages; CPU and GPU temperatures; fps and frame times; and page file. Have MSI Afterburner log results when you play the game and it should provide the data when it crashes.

Other than that, verify game cache might be worth a try in case installation was somehow corrupted.
Nov 12, 2018

I done it with a usb, I just updated my graphics drivers and it is still doing it, I think it is a memory issue even though it shouldn't be, right?

I would have a look in Event Viewer to see if there are any particular messages when the game crashes. It can help to identify a possible cause of the software, I assume, crashing to desktop.

Another thing is using MSI Afterburner and monitoring the system's behaviour. This coupled with Event Viewer may provide the information required to identify a cause. I suggest monitoring CPU (all cores/threads), GPU and RAM frequencies and usages; CPU and GPU temperatures; fps and frame times; and page file. Have MSI Afterburner log results when you play the game and it should provide the data when it crashes.

Other than that, verify game cache might be worth a try in case installation was somehow corrupted.

Solution