GTA: San Andreas... Don't like it...

bc4

Okay, finally took it out for a proper spin (it's been sitting on my shelf
since the release day), and I have decided that I DON'T like it.

First of all I'm not a big fan of all this whole black gangster hip pop rap
kinda scene, and to be honest the way the characters talk just annoy the
hell out of me. And man do they have to swear so much? It's
mother-f**king-this and mother-f**ker-that whereever I go in the game.
Can't stand it. Also not too keen on the music either - there are some nice
tracks in there, but personally can't stand the majority of them.

Secondly the lighting in the game - everything are just so dark and hard to
see.

Thirdly the map itself. It's too large. I'm just so sick and tired of
driving around for yonks just to get from one mission point to another. And
I just can't make sense of the stupid hard to see symbols they use on the
in-game map/radar.

And there are tons of other little things that bugs me too.

Anyways am I the only one who was not impressed with this game?

<=[BC]=>

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message
> Okay, finally took it out for a proper spin (it's been sitting on my shelf
> since the release day), and I have decided that I DON'T like it.
>
> First of all I'm not a big fan of all this whole black gangster hip pop
> rap kinda scene, and to be honest the way the characters talk just annoy
> the hell out of me. And man do they have to swear so much? It's
> mother-f**king-this and mother-f**ker-that whereever I go in the game.
> Can't stand it. Also not too keen on the music either - there are some
> nice tracks in there, but personally can't stand the majority of them.
>
> Secondly the lighting in the game - everything are just so dark and hard
> to see.
>
> Thirdly the map itself. It's too large. I'm just so sick and tired of
> driving around for yonks just to get from one mission point to another.
> And I just can't make sense of the stupid hard to see symbols they use on
> the in-game map/radar.
>
> And there are tons of other little things that bugs me too.
>
> Anyways am I the only one who was not impressed with this game?

I didn't like the gangsta rap type theme, but after a while the storyline
shifts right away from that scene and changes style completely for most of
the game. If you can bear to get until you unlock the next area (when you
are dumped at Angel Pine) you will be pleasantly surprised.

BC wrote:

> Okay, finally took it out for a proper spin (it's been sitting on my shelf
> since the release day), and I have decided that I DON'T like it.
>
> First of all I'm not a big fan of all this whole black gangster hip pop rap
> kinda scene, and to be honest the way the characters talk just annoy the
> hell out of me. And man do they have to swear so much? It's
> mother-f**king-this and mother-f**ker-that whereever I go in the game.
> Can't stand it. Also not too keen on the music either - there are some nice
> tracks in there, but personally can't stand the majority of them.

I felt the same way at first but if you keep playing it gets toned down
significantly later (when you get out of Los Santos).

> Secondly the lighting in the game - everything are just so dark and hard to
> see.

Same as above. In Los Santos it's very hard to see because everything is
so red but I guess it's supposed to simulate the smog over LA.

> Thirdly the map itself. It's too large. I'm just so sick and tired of
> driving around for yonks just to get from one mission point to another. And
> I just can't make sense of the stupid hard to see symbols they use on the
> in-game map/radar.

While playing on a 20" screen, I had to squint a lot when looking at the
map. Even when zoomed in as much as possible. No way you can get around
that I guess.

Once you get access to helicopters and planes going from one place to
another doesn't take too much time. Personally, I preferred the driving
just to see every place and to hear the radio.

> And there are tons of other little things that bugs me too.
>
> Anyways am I the only one who was not impressed with this game?

At first I felt the same way you do but give it a bit more time and
you'll see it gets much better, especially when it comes to the issues
you're complaining about.

> <=[BC]=>

No offense, but did you research the game, even a little bit, before you
bought it? Or did you just buy it because of the acronym G.T.A.? If you
had, or even seen the commercial, you'd be aware of all of the complaints
you've listed.... And I find it strange that you're surprised that black
gangsters swear so much.... You can always trade the game in, or sell it on
Ebay.

"BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message
> Okay, finally took it out for a proper spin (it's been sitting on my shelf
> since the release day), and I have decided that I DON'T like it.
>
> First of all I'm not a big fan of all this whole black gangster hip pop
> rap kinda scene, and to be honest the way the characters talk just annoy
> the hell out of me. And man do they have to swear so much? It's
> mother-f**king-this and mother-f**ker-that whereever I go in the game.
> Can't stand it. Also not too keen on the music either - there are some
> nice tracks in there, but personally can't stand the majority of them.
>
> Secondly the lighting in the game - everything are just so dark and hard
> to see.
>
> Thirdly the map itself. It's too large. I'm just so sick and tired of
> driving around for yonks just to get from one mission point to another.
> And I just can't make sense of the stupid hard to see symbols they use on
> the in-game map/radar.
>
> And there are tons of other little things that bugs me too.
>
> Anyways am I the only one who was not impressed with this game?
>
> <=[BC]=>

"BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:

>Anyways am I the only one who was not impressed with this game?

Nope. I loved it for the first 10 hours or so, and then got sick of it
for the same reasons you mention. I know many other gamers who feel
the same way. VC is still the best GTA, followed closely by GTA3, with
SA taking up the rear (no pun intended!).

Joe

BC wrote:

> Okay, finally took it out for a proper spin (it's been sitting on my shelf
> since the release day), and I have decided that I DON'T like it.
>
> First of all I'm not a big fan of all this whole black gangster hip pop rap
> kinda scene, and to be honest the way the characters talk just annoy the
> hell out of me. And man do they have to swear so much? It's
> mother-f**king-this and mother-f**ker-that whereever I go in the game.
> Can't stand it. Also not too keen on the music either - there are some nice
> tracks in there, but personally can't stand the majority of them.
>
> Secondly the lighting in the game - everything are just so dark and hard to
> see.
>
> Thirdly the map itself. It's too large. I'm just so sick and tired of
> driving around for yonks just to get from one mission point to another. And
> I just can't make sense of the stupid hard to see symbols they use on the
> in-game map/radar.
>
> And there are tons of other little things that bugs me too.
>
> Anyways am I the only one who was not impressed with this game?
>
> <=[BC]=>

sorry, although I agree with most of your points, the map isn't too
large unless for some reason you need to travel from one side to
another. One of the appeals of the later versions of GTA has been
their roamability and none more so than GTA SA.

I love the game. It's full of bugs but hell, if Sony can't even get
their flagship game bug free how can we expect anyone else to?

I do think they could have cut the swearing down a lot, and catalina
needs someone to hold her down and give her a serious mouth washing.

--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look

BC wrote:
> Okay, finally took it out for a proper spin (it's been sitting on my
shelf
> since the release day), and I have decided that I DON'T like it.
>
> First of all I'm not a big fan of all this whole black gangster hip
pop rap
> kinda scene, and to be honest the way the characters talk just annoy
the
> hell out of me. And man do they have to swear so much? It's
> mother-f**king-this and mother-f**ker-that whereever I go in the
game.
> Can't stand it. Also not too keen on the music either - there are
some nice
> tracks in there, but personally can't stand the majority of them.
>
> Secondly the lighting in the game - everything are just so dark and
hard to
> see.
>
> Thirdly the map itself. It's too large. I'm just so sick and tired
of
> driving around for yonks just to get from one mission point to
another. And
> I just can't make sense of the stupid hard to see symbols they use on
the
> in-game map/radar.
>
> And there are tons of other little things that bugs me too.
>
> Anyways am I the only one who was not impressed with this game?

I got rid of my copy after a few weeks for different reasons.
Originally I didn't like the gangsta theme, but the voice acting is top
notch and after a while I really became interested in the story.

Unfortunately, the same old flaws of the previous two games remain.
Horrible graphics, poor draw-in distance, bad controls and a twitchy
camera. I wish Rockstar would start putting effort into fixing up
those age-old problems instead of adding new features like 'having a
g/f' or 'workout mode'.

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> No offense, but did you research the game, even a little bit, before you
> bought it? Or did you just buy it because of the acronym G.T.A.? If you
> had, or even seen the commercial, you'd be aware of all of the complaints
> you've listed.... And I find it strange that you're surprised that black
> gangsters swear so much.... You can always trade the game in, or sell it
> on Ebay.

How can you be surprised that any gangsters swear so much? That would be
like being surprised at the violence.

> "BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message
>> Okay, finally took it out for a proper spin (it's been sitting on my
>> shelf since the release day), and I have decided that I DON'T like it.
>>
>> First of all I'm not a big fan of all this whole black gangster hip pop
>> rap kinda scene, and to be honest the way the characters talk just annoy
>> the hell out of me. And man do they have to swear so much? It's
>> mother-f**king-this and mother-f**ker-that whereever I go in the game.
>> Can't stand it. Also not too keen on the music either - there are some
>> nice tracks in there, but personally can't stand the majority of them.
>>
>> Secondly the lighting in the game - everything are just so dark and hard
>> to see.
>>
>> Thirdly the map itself. It's too large. I'm just so sick and tired of
>> driving around for yonks just to get from one mission point to another.
>> And I just can't make sense of the stupid hard to see symbols they use on
>> the in-game map/radar.
>>
>> And there are tons of other little things that bugs me too.
>>
>> Anyways am I the only one who was not impressed with this game?
>>
>> <=[BC]=>

bc4

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> No offense, but did you research the game, even a little bit, before you
> bought it? Or did you just buy it because of the acronym G.T.A.? If you
> had, or even seen the commercial, you'd be aware of all of the complaints
> you've listed.... And I find it strange that you're surprised that black
> gangsters swear so much.... You can always trade the game in, or sell it
> on Ebay.

Well, I had it on preorder way before the game was released to be honest. I
KNEW the focus was gonna be on black gangstas, but I thought the gameplay
would won me over dispite the theme, just like it did in Vice City. I hated
the idea of running around stealing cars, shooting random people and such,
so I avoided the earlier GTA games. But curiosity got the best of me and I
ended up getting Vice City - dispite not liking the idea of the game, and
not being a big fan of the whole retro eighties thing, I ended up loving the
game...

Anyways guess I'll keep the game, and give it another try later on. Right
now though I've got too many other games to go through first...

<=[BC]=>