Jan 19, 2019
Specs
i7 7700
Geforce GTX 1070Ti hybrid
2x XPG 8gb DDR4 Ram
120SSD
Asus H110p motherboard
Corsair H60 CPU Cooler
Basically my rig should be able to run everything at ultra settings, and it does but my CPU will go up to 100% and GPU will be between 1 and 0 %
Monitor is connected to my GPU
Integrated Graphics is on for my secondary monitor through VGA which i dont use to run the game.
GTA V will not use any GPU and completely overload my CPU and have not found a fix
Every other game will work fine on my GPU and CPU

Solution
Where is it you think the frames you are getting are coming from? Do you really thing 1% of your gpu is feeding 50 fps? So that means it could do 5000?

It's a bug with the engine in gtav not working with your monitoring software.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Most times the GPU monitor will show on board usage results not your GPU if it's enabled and being used. If you're getting 2 fps on ultra at any resolution you're using more than 1% of your gpu. Running your other screen won't hurt performance on your 1070ti if you have the correct connections hook it up to your monitor and disable on board as it being active will just create a bit more heat for your cpu to deal with

Jan 19, 2019

Jan 19, 2019
Its not a hardware problem for sure. Any other game will run 70%-80% GPU with like 15% to 25% CPU except GTA V. GTA V will run 80%-100% CPU and 0%-1% GPU I dont know what else to do, I have found no solutions online

Jan 19, 2019
Honestly, Idk, but it stutters when the CPU usage is hitting between 95% and 100%, and with the rig being mid range, it shouldnt do that. I know its a CPU usage issue but not a CPU issue itself. I just want a solution to make GTA V recognize and use my GPU. I already went to the Nvidia Control Panel, I already went into BIOS, I already went to device manager to change my power settings to max. GTA V will just not use my GPU and my CPU is being stresseD and makes the game playable, but not with the quality i should be getting. I just installed the 1070ti yesterday and updated all my drivers, but this happened even with the previous GPU i had which was the 1060 3gb

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
It's obviously using your GPU as your monitor is plugged into your GPU.

Your CPU is being loaded up because it's a pretty intense game nothing to do with anything else as it can't use your cpu to pretend to be a gpu

Play it on your monitor plugged into your motherboard if you want to see what it's like when it's actually not using your gpu

Jan 19, 2019

Jan 19, 2019
Before anything else, Thank you very much for taking the time in helping me.
Task manager and CPUID HW monitor both are saying 0%-1% GPU usage for GTA V. And my i7-7700 shouldnt have any problems running GTA V at the highest settings. The overuse of the CPU is being cause by the lack of use on the GPU I just dont know why

Jan 19, 2019

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
That means everything is running pretty well.where expected. You CPU could be throttling a tiny bit so you might want to double check temps while playing gtav

Also have something on screen showing the cpu frequency. It could be thermal throttling due to the vrms on your motheboard. That is Definitely a bigger cpu than it was built to handle. It might not have adequate power delivery for turbo frequencies

Jan 19, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.