GTA V 4k Ultra performance

flightoftherat

Reputable
Dec 9, 2017
Hello community,

I want to find out if I have a problem or my expectations were too high :sarcastic:

My speca are:

i7 8700k
32 gb ram 3000mhz
GTX 1080ti 11 gb
SSD m2 Samsung EVO 950

Have everything on max except High Res Shadows (off), grass (high) and MSAA (off - not needed). I play at 4k and I get smooth 60 fps most of the time. But at some intersections or some areas, at night or when raining, I get fps drops. I thought I was able to max out this game but it's a bit of let down to get some stutters from time to time.

Could it be the mods? I have VisualV, NaturalRemastered, bigger explosions epic (something like that) and a few cars .

What could I tune down without lowering the quality that much?

Thank you!

flightoftherat

Reputable
Dec 9, 2017
I thought that but the modders say those mods won't affect performance at all... true or not, my ram, CPU and disk usage during gameplay are very low, GPU usage peaks 90% sometimes but it's high. Vram usage is low though, almost 7 gb all the time.

flightoftherat

Reputable
Dec 9, 2017
My gameplay feels like 60 fps most of the times. But at certain areas I get stutters and slowdowns. When I had Grass at Very High, some mountain areas felt very choppy, so I set that to High and I can't appreciate too much difference graphic-wise but the performance won a boost. Now I have slowdowns at some intersections, specially when it rains (I don't have any puddle-mod or enhancer). Yesterday the fps went crazy at the lake shore, where you see Sandy Shores across at night and raining.

I wish it was perfect!!