GTA V becomes unplayable after few mins

thek0ky

Reputable
Sep 18, 2016
Hello,

GTA V works fine for few minutes at stable frame rate, but after few minutes it gets up to 90-98% RAM usage and becomes unplayable.

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
RAM:4GB DDR2
Nvidia 8600GT

Im posting this thread because I saw some people around youtube that they are playing GTA V on 4GB of RAM.

Solution
This is not what you want to hear, but your system is not going to be able to run the game. Getting some more RAM may help it run better, but you will not get great framerates until you get a better GPU too.
What resolution and settings are you playing at? You will probably have to move to 720p at low settings.

Your PC CPU and RAM meets the minimum requirements, but your GPU does not. For minimum requirements I would suggest shooting for 30fps at 720p with low settings. Your not going to get much better than that with your system.

thek0ky

Reputable
Sep 18, 2016

Im trying to play on lowest possible,like i get spawned everything runs fine and after few minutes RAM is beteween 90-98%

Where are you being spawned? GTA V is a very fluid game and performance is impacted on what the activity level in the scene is. If you are being spawned inside a house, there is very little going on, but as you go outside the activity increase you should expect a performance drop.

What is your score when you run the GTA benchmark?