GTA V FPS problem

mEnforcer

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015
Hi,

I can't run GTA V on 60 fps with ANY AA on.
The question is. Is it my GPU or CPU? Because my CPU runs at 100% non-stop and when I turn self radio on it starts to run worse. Although i still have +/- 70 fps on those settings.

Well, I personally think it's my CPU but I can't tell

Any idea?

Specs:
I5 4670K @3.40GHz
16GB DDR3
MSI GTX 970 4G GAMING

Resolution: 1920x1080
FXAA (on)
MSAA (off)
Texture quality (Very high)
Shader Quality (Very High)
Shadow Quality (Very High)
Reflection Quality (Very High)
Reflection MSAA (X2)
Water Quality (High)
Particles Quality (High)
Grass Quality (Very high)
Soft Shadows (NVIDIA PCSS)
Post FX (on)
Anisotropic Filtering (x16)
Tessellation (Very High)

All Advanced Graphics settings are turned off

Solution
Okay well I know that your rig can do 70+ FPS in benchmarks I've seen at your resolution settings (or similar enough). The only other thing I can think of is that your sound in the game is drawing too many resources. I do not have the game and can't replicate unfortunately even though I have similar hardware (except having SLI 970s).

Do you have on-board sound or a dedicated sound card? Maybe there's an issue with the game robbing resources in that radio app has with motherboard on-board sound? Sorry I can't help more. Sounds like more a game/driver/app problem than an actual hardware problem. Have you been on the Steam Rockstar GTA-V forums?
We need your computer specs (CPU and speed, GPU, RAM, in-game resolution and quality/detail settings you are running). If your CPU is running at 100%, what is your GPU running at? If it is much less (like below 90%, then you have a CPU bottleneck, meaning it is hindering the maximum use of your GPU).

mEnforcer

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015

I edited the post,
The GPU usage is between 80-90% but i still find it weird that i start stuttering when self radio is turned on

Okay well I know that your rig can do 70+ FPS in benchmarks I've seen at your resolution settings (or similar enough). The only other thing I can think of is that your sound in the game is drawing too many resources. I do not have the game and can't replicate unfortunately even though I have similar hardware (except having SLI 970s).

Do you have on-board sound or a dedicated sound card? Maybe there's an issue with the game robbing resources in that radio app has with motherboard on-board sound? Sorry I can't help more. Sounds like more a game/driver/app problem than an actual hardware problem. Have you been on the Steam Rockstar GTA-V forums?

Solution

mEnforcer

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015

Well, i have a sound card but i think i'll just try to overclock my cpu and get a second gpu.
Thanks for the help anyway