Question Gta v freezes

Mar 24, 2019
I have an Alienware x51 r3 and I just downloaded gta v from steam. I have done a complete reinstall of windows and it’s atill doing it.

System specs

Processor: i7 6700 quad core
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 960 and the basic intel hd graphics I leave disabled
Ram: 8gb ram
Hard drive is 1tb

I can play every other game fine but when playing this one it freezes up and I have to force shut down my computer.

All drivers are up to date for Nvidia as well with GeForce experience program. When it freezes I get blocks of random colors. My monitor is hooked up with HDMI. All I want to do is play gta v :( can anyone suggest what is wrong.

blocks of random colors is usually memory related. probably overheating.

Blow the laptop heatsink vents out with compressed air ,canned or compressor.
Be careful not to overspin the fans with compressed air. I hold them in place with a plastic toothpick in the intake vent while blowing air in the exhaust vent.

Dec 26, 2018
Could u send me a screenshot of the
blocks of random colors
?
In the meantime I'll give you my experience. I started out with 8GB of RAM too and an HDD. The game was stuttering a lot and my fix to tis issue was replacing the HDD by an SSD and adding another 8GB of RAM. One more thing. Could u also look at the temperatures of your pc while running GTA V. It might crash due to overheating.
In my personal opinion you're looking to buy another 8gb of ram and it'll fix itself.