GTA V gtx 1060 fps drop

marques-1998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017
Hello!

I have a i5-7500 3.4 tubo 3.8 msi 1060 gaming x 6gb 8 ram and my gpu usage drops while playing gta v what can I do I have vsync off almost ultra settigs getting 60 70 fps and then the gpu usage drop and I love fps

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I assume you are using something like afterburner to see this drop,in usage?

Its hard to say what could be causing this.
What PSU do you have?
Brand and model # pls.

Also, at what parts of the game do you get good fps and then at what parts do,you get drops? What kind of fps are you getting when it drops?

marques-1998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017

Yes, Im using afterburner.
I'm using a SEASONIC S12II 520W
I only have fps drops while driving fast in the city, when I walking shooting exploding things etc. I have good fps.

marques-1998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017

"Driving really fast you could be experiencing drops from the world being loaded." Yes, problably thats the problem. But I dont see missing textures or something like that

No, when I slow down the game runs perfect.

I dont know the fps when the game drops, the game just freeze for a millisecond

Sry for the bad english :D

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
You most likely won't see missing textures but the object load in in the distance and details being rendered on top of base models can slow you down sometimes.

keep your AA on the lowest TXAA or on SMAA/SMAA 2X or if there are options for higher levels of FXAA put it one of those.
Next, turn your HBAO setting down to SSAO.
And then lastly your shadows can be turned from max setting down to the level below max.
This should give you a boost that will allow your CPU to keep up with object and detail load in and you won't necessarily see any negative impact on quality of the game.

Using RivaTuner to monitor CPU usage for all of your cores while playing you can take a look and see if your CPU is being used mostly on the first two cores and not a whole lot on the others. If so, then you need to perform a CPU affinity trick to make the game use all of the cores evenly. If this is the case then that could be causing an issue as it has in many other games.

To perform an affinity trick do the following (assuming you are on windows 10 but this will work with windows 7)
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and then press ESC. Once on the desktop right click your taskbar and open task manager.
Once in task manager right click the game and select "Go to details"
Once in details right click the game executable and select "Set Affinity" then disable one of the cores.
Press OK then right click again and set affinity and enable that core again then press OK.
Close out of task manager or leave it open it doesn't matter.

Go back to the game by clicking on it's icon in the taskbar. You MUST click this icon. Do not use ALT+TAB or any other method to get back into the game.

If you aren't being affected with the CPU core usage issue then this doesn't apply to you.

marques-1998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017

Well, I've tryed to put that settings and I have the same problem, and I have all the 4 cores almost on 100% (( 75% 95%)(sometimes 100%))

What should I test next?? Ty for your time :)