GTA V is kinda laggy. Is the problem my CPU?

edlp456

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016
Hello. Ever since I started playing GTA V I noticed it's not working perfectly. When I'm using my character on foot I don't notice anything wrong, but when I'm in a car and driving fast I can totally see it, it kinda lags (I don't know how else to describe it) but the thing is sometimes it works fine. I mean, it is running smoothly for a couple seconds, and then it's not. Someone told me my CPU is kinda average so I think that's the problem. Honestly I have no idea since I don't really know much about computers. But maybe it's something in the settings I have to change (hopefully) these are my specs:
Graphics card: AMD R9 380 Series 8 GB RAM Processor: AMD 4100 Quad Core Motherboard: ASRock n68-vs3 fx
If someone could help me to identify the problem I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

DustinV

Honorable
Gta v is cpu intensive, you have a very low end cpu

You are going to need to upgrade to an Intel i5 (which requires a new motherboard) to really see a huge performance increase

edlp456

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016

Yeah, I've been told Intel is great. Sadly the prices in my country don't help at all. Everything's like double the price of the US price. Oh well, I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

Unfortunately your mobo is also dated, thus, there is no way to upgrade to a better CPU without a new mobo. I would recommend that you lower the settings on GTA V and save for the next gen Zen or Kaby lake.