[SOLVED] GTA V is only getting 30fps or low with 3400g, 8gb ram, 1080p low settings..

Aug 12, 2020
My PC is equipped with Ryzen5 3400g, 8gb 3000mhz ram, vega 11.
I have seen many gameplay test videos with 3400g. But Im disappointed with that.

FPS count on 1080p :
GTA V. 30fps at low.
Watch dogs 1 . 24fps at low.
NFS payback 20fps at low.

IS this a problem or not?

Solution
So i have to upgrade my ram, isn't it?
On one hand no if it where the page file you would have stutters after a while (after ram filled up) while the page file would shuffle stuff around.
On the other hand if you only have a single stick of ram then yes,the iGPU needs as big a bandwidth as possible and having two sticks for dual channel will increase performance, just don't expect miracles.
Check with benchmarks on the internet, there are lots of them on youtube, or just vega 11 review sites, as you said you did, and if the results are the same as them or similar its probably what you can expect.

To me this looks pretty normal, remember that even if AMD apus have FASTER integrated graphics, it doesnt actually mean its fast, it just means its fastER than intel igpu.

So i have to upgrade my ram, isn't it?
On one hand no if it where the page file you would have stutters after a while (after ram filled up) while the page file would shuffle stuff around.
On the other hand if you only have a single stick of ram then yes,the iGPU needs as big a bandwidth as possible and having two sticks for dual channel will increase performance, just don't expect miracles.

Solution